Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you try to keep it a secret from your school age children>

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Spudderz, Dec 24, 2008.

1. I will soon start an indoor grow for MMJ, and I am concerned about telling anyone, including my children. So far only my wife knows what I am planning (I wouldn't have told her but I figure she'd know something was up as packages from HTGsupply, etc start showing up LOL). But I am paranoid about telling my children (ages 10,13,14). I am not concerned about them trying to get at the plants, but about them shooting their mouths off with their classmates,.. and next thing you know, word gets around the community, and I get my house broken into. Just wondering how you folks out there deal with kids. I wish I could be honest with them, no doubt the world they grow up in will be more MJ friendly (I hope).

2. The best idea when growing, legally for MMJ or illegally, is to tell as few people as possible because the word spreads fast. In your situation I would tell your wife and that would be it.

3. Most parents just have off limits parts of their houses. Find a place in your house that your children either don't know exist or simply can't get to. Try attics and crawl spaces for instance.

I think with kids aged 10, 13 and 14, you're probability of them getting the word out if you tell them is much higher than if they were considerably older. Then again, I obviously don't know your kids, but pre-teens and teens usually aren't the best at keeping secrets. And getting busted for growing would suck just as much as getting your house broken into.

I'd reccomend, if I were you, to try and hide it from them until they're at least a bit older.

4. Thanks everyone for the response... I think I will have to keep it a secret from them, some how, some way. In my case its a legal MMJ grow in my state, but still I know they would blab it to their idiot friends (especially my 14 yr old daughter, her mouth NEVER stops yapping).

So, yep... secret it will have to be, I was just interested to get some perspective from others. May just grow in the crawl space under our house, the kids don't go there lol

5. well dude if its legal then the only thing you gotta worry about is your reputation. so its something u gotta ask yourself. are you comfortable with people knowing your growing weed legally?

6. Do it in the shed or build one and keep it locked no children and nobody else would know so youd be set

7. Well in the case that you're grow operation is completely legal, the only logical reason to keep it secret is to keep your reputation as a "clean" person.

I had assumed it was illegal which was the basis of my responce.

If I were you, I'd try to hide it from your kids, but if they find out I'd just come clean with it. Doesn't sound like it'd be the worse thing in the world.

And if you're worried about someone breaking into your house, buy a gun. You're legally allowed to shoot tresspassers if they break into your home. A good cap to the knees usually gets the "stay away from my weed" point across.

8. E-thugging 101: Chapter 5, Section 1:
    "No gun play in houses with children."

:D

9. Meh, if the kids are in the double digits, it's probably time to teach them how to handle a firearm anyways. A very important tool.

10. Man.. that's honestly the most retarded question I've heard yet. (No offense, of course!)

Let me ask you like this;

Does it make sense to tell your underage children, who go to school, that you are growing Marijuana in your house?

It's an obvious answer of course, and by now with all the replies I'm sure you know. I'm glad you posted your question instead of going ahead and telling your children!

It's not legal yet, even though your in a MMJ state.. we'll get there someday! Happy growing!

11. I wouldn't recommend it.

Some girl I work with's parents started a grow and she told almost everybody at work!
    She's 17 too btw.

Not a good idea, but if you really trust your children, then go for it.

12. Yes man. The less people who know, the better. The less people who know, the less risk you have. And people who see it, will tell other people you have it. I know this for experience. :\
    I had to tell my friend to keep his mouth shut cause he wasn't cutting it.

But yeah, don't let them find out, and if they just randomly find your plants, just tell them its your medicine and not to touch it.