Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do You Think This Is Enough Kief To Make Hash?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by walnut69, Jun 23, 2014.

1. aloha

I've been saving up my kief to make some hash (can't get any real hash around here), and I was wondering if anyone thinks this is enough to make a substantial amount of hash (like, at least worth a week)?

If so, what'd be the easiest way to do so? I was thinking the shoe trick

thanks

[​IMG]

2. No, that would last you 2 days, maybe 3 depending on your tolerance.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You really think so? I didn't think it'd be that much .. I think I'm still gonna make it - how would you recommend I do so with such a small amount? I tried making with a smaller amount before and messed it up (heat in the oven then roll, I put too much celotape on and it melted into the hash)

4. No way, dude. I used 1-2g of kief when I made hashish, and even at that it was only enough to make a minuscule ball. I'd just smoke it and not risking wasting it.

5. either smoke what you have there or keep saving, that really isn't a whole lot to make it with. I just like to smoke keif like it is right there. Put a lil bit of weed in the bowl and massively top it with that keif. OMG :hippie:

6. I used to make hash all of the time. You need atleast a gram of kief to make it worth your time, and from the pic, it looks like you might have .1 or .2 of kief MAYBE.

7. Haaahaha I'm sorry, no..... Nothing about that is substantial and you won't get more than what you put in, you get much less.I can get much more kief than that from less than 2 grams of weed. That's how much I pack for snaps, would not last a week, not a chance. Try filling that up 3 or 4 times then you might get something

8. Nah mate, I would just sprinkle that in a joint or top off a bowl.

9. I think the problem is that you're thinking turning that into hash will somehow make it better. 

You're talking about making it into the same product, but in a different shape/form. There's no reason to do that, and it's not going to become more potent or last you any longer unless you think you'll go through it slower if it's compressed. Which certainly wouldn't be the case for me. 

Just sprinkle it on your bowls, dude. 

10. Id smoke that in one hit...

11. #11 Sammyy, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    Nah son that's one fat mayybee 2 kief snaps just smoke that shit as is or keep it to save up

And listen to what Jane Doe said nobody presses kief unless they have surplus it's just tons easier to mess with a 10 gram kief puck then 10 grams of powder

12. Again as others have said. That's enough to get you lifted once or twice. Save it for an occasion.

13. Press your kief using two pencils it's really easy and fast. You should be able to find instructions somewhere.

Each puck will have two dabs worth of kief. Are they anything like real dabs? No. But will you get to dab something in place of oil? Yes.

Or you could save up more and make qwiso

14. #14 walnut69, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    Yeah I'm just gonna sprinkle it and wait for hash availability ..

i just really wanted to try hash lol

edit: by "try" i meant the proccess .. like rubbing it in with tobacco or packing bowls etc - see what it's like 

15. Get a kief box and collect all the little bits of trim that you pull off your bud, your kief supply will build up a lot quicker.

16. Look up the coin trick for collecting kief, you'll start collecting it 50-100 times faster, no joke. If you can't find it, post here again and ill explain it

17. Explain it pls

18. #18 *guest, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

If you have a grinder with a kief catcher, you can put a coin (usually a nickel, please clean it first) in the section above the kief catcher where the ground weed ends up. After you grind your weed and before you remove it, you can shake the hell out of your grinder and the coin shaking around will knock more kief off of your ground up weed, making your kief catcher fill up faster. 

The downside is that you're also taking kief directly off of your ground up weed. So it's kind of a "do you want more kief now or more kief later?" kind of deal. 

Though I've also found the coin trick to be helpful for knocking stuck trichomes off of the screen when the grinder is empty. 

19. #19 BurnAFewDown, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
    The amount of kief lost really doesnt make a huge difference in the high you get from the weed, but you get a ton of kief for later. I don't shake it every time. If I can't an eight for example, I grind up one or two grams and do this, then smoke the other two normally.

20. I would continue to save it up, then make pressed kief hash using an iron - that's the method I always use with great results.