Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think this is a good way to prevent dry sockets and still be able to smoke??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by valogirl666, Oct 26, 2012.

1. I got my wisdom teeth out Monday, and they told me not to smoke for 48 hours. I haven't smoke in 4 days and today I wanted to, so I took the gauze they have me, dipped it in water and put in in mouth over the holes; then I took small hits off my pipe. Do you think that'll prevent dry socket?

2. You do realize that 48 hours is 2 days, right?

3. def helps, and the best way to go about it. you dont even need water. the way you get dry sockets is because the air you are inhaling well, drys the socket out. just protect the socket from the air, it doesnt need to wet. but once you are done smoking that cig or bowl, remove that gauze. def dont want that gunk just sitting there chilling on your sockets. Or have someone give you shot guns. i did that for my girlfriend.

4. I mean... /thread, right?? :smoking:

5. Even if it has been over 48 hours, you can still get dry sockets. Be careful, they are awful. I got mine out last year and just went to the dispensary and stocked up on tinctures and edibles.

6. Thats what i did, and i smoked from day 1. keep drinking water and keep moist gauze in it. i used a bowl, nothing else.

7. i didn't smoke until my mouth was entirely healed. i had to rinse with saltwater, as well. wait a long before you smoke again. play it safe