Do you think my setup will work?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by foofighter118, Sep 9, 2010.

1. I have a garbage can (4 feet tall, about 2 ft diameter on bottom) I spray painted it white, the lid bottom white, and put 4 plants i sprouted on window. I have 3 cfl lights (26 watt, 26 watt, and 13 watt). Lights are on now and its pretty bright. Do you think this will work well for two 1 ft plants or one 2 ft plant? Let me know what you think, is 65 watts enough?

2. 65W isn't enough for 1 plant IMO. I like to use 120watts of CFL per square foot, but you can get by with 100W for first plant and 50W for each additional. The more light the better though (as long as you get rid of the heat).

Also, CFLs need to be pretty close to the top of the plants, otherwise they will stretch. Keep the lights as close as you can (usually about 2"-4" away from the plants) for best growth.

The best way to get the light distance right is if your hand gets uncomfortably hot under the lights at the plants canopy, then the light is too close. Otherwise, move it closer.

Plus, it's best to grow 1 plant per square foot for normal grows. Keep in mind that 2 feet in diameter is less than 2 square feet.

3. ok thanks i will try to get another light but I think it will work for 1. the walls are really close and round and its VERY bright in there. plenty brighter than the 100 watt halogen I have (which isn't a good grow light). they have been growing fine for the past two days. but i need to set up a fan and filter. I dont have carbon so idk what ima do.