Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think I would qualified for Medical Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Schaefer253, Mar 5, 2009.

1. I'm thinking about applying to get a Medical Marijuana card but thought I would ask the community first. I don't know to much about applying to get a medical marijuana prescription; no one I know has one.

I live in Washington State, about ten minutes from Olympia.

I'm currently 18 years old.

I live with my parents. (Still attending High School.)

Who I'm thinking of contacting: Jeremy Miller at the Olympia Patient Resource Center. I have heard good things about him but my source isn't to reliable so idk.

The reason I want to get medical marijuana. I was born with Amblyopia (Lazy Eye) which I had surgery for twice at the ages of 8 and 12. I will have another surgery around the age of 23 and that will be the last one since I will stop growing and the Amblyopia wil be gone. Anways ever since the surgeries I have had what I call "Eye Headaches" I will get a pulse kinda of pain in the back of my eyes at night. I have always taken a ibuphrophin and it helps a little but still have pain when reading or focusing too much. I have recently starting smoking pot at social events but noticed that my eye headaches go away. So for the past couple weeks I have been using a vaporizor with marijuana before I go to bed and have a great nice sleep. I would like to stop taking the ibuphrophin and go with a more natural treament.

What does Grassy City think?

2. Sounds good to me.

I live in California, so for me all i have to say is "My back hurts!"

3. Yeah, but it's because of people like you thinking its such a great thing to bs the system that people get pissed off and wont vote to pass medical marijuana programs in their state.

But OP, it sounds like a good enough reason to me, go ahead and try it. Hopefully you get what you need.

4. So far 8 people say I would be able to and 4 say I don't. I would like to hear from someone that voted "No"

5. dude, all mmj is is a legal way to smoke it. Im all for it but you know damn well 90% of those people dont need it for "pain".

6. Tell that to the people dying of cancer who can't eat because of the chemotherapy. Tell that to those who have glaucoma and need MMJ to survive.

No wonder you already have a red bar, you make stupid-ass statements and you get negative rep.

OP:
    I voted No, and I'll tell you why: From what i understand, Washington State has a much more strict set of rules than my home state of California. Also your age is a huge factor to me, that's why I voted no. Wait a couple of years while the laws get codified and then try.

7. Washington state says you can use medical marijuana when other methods have failed to work.

8. Do you think they will listen if I say I want to go with a natural treatment? I don't want to start taking pain killers and become an addict.

9. I hope my age won't keep me from getting a MM card. I'm able to vote and fight for my country and buy tobacco products I should be able to medicated.

10. I don't think you would qualified.

11. In the words of 50 Cent in Home of the Brave:
    "mmah back!"

12. Care to explain your opinion?

13. What's the point of it being a medicine, if you can't get it until you're older? I've been on narcotic painkillers for migraines and benzodiazepines for anxiety since I was 15! If medicinal marijuana came to my state, I would definately switch. Weed fixes both of those problems, but instead i'm stuck with all these chemicals.

14. You need to consult your doctor, let them know that your pains seize when you smoke marijuana and that you tried it at a "social event" and have found it to work since then. That is if your pain is that excruciating. Like said above, if you're just trying to get legal bud because you had a few eye pains and can pass it off with surgerys, try waiting.

If that's not the case then, I apologize, if this is a serious issue and you feel you need mmj in order to relieve the pain then you should really consult your doctor or your family and let them know.

15. Would love to,

You may be qualified for a medical marijuana card, but then again, I know next to nothing of the conditions you're in.

The title is misleading, it could be anyone's guess, those poll results don't mean shite.

But also, I don't think you would qualified.

16. That doesn't explain anything.

17. Your body and brain are still developing as a teenager, until there are real scientific studies on the effects of psychoactive drugs on developing minds, I would stay away from MMJ until you're 18. There have been a few studies that suggest that those who begin using MMJ during adolescent can be doing irreparable harm to their brains, as well as an increased chance of testicular cancer. However, until those studies are backed up with real clinical research I just woulnd't trust it.

18. Yeah, but it's because of people like you thinking its such a great thing to bs the system that people get pissed off and wont vote to pass medical marijuana programs in their state.

I was saying an example of how easy it is in California, I didn't say it was a good idea.
    I don't own a medical card so...

19. Does anyone know how much it is to get a card? I have heard anywhere from $100-$200.

20. I'm going tomorrow to get it.