Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think I should continue smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by prodneo, May 15, 2017.

1. I smoke for alot of reasons, but one of my primary reasons is my social anxiety. Being high helps me relax and be creative while I'm making music. My dad, who I have never had a good relationship with, recently found out I smoke weed. My dad chews tobacco, and drinks, but thinks weed is bad because its a "drug". He told me hes going to drug test me and if I fail hes going to kick me out of the house. Problem is, he is a total asshole and I have a very hard time listening to him because of all the terrible things hes done to be. Should I continue smoking? Or listen to him despite how insanely narcissistic and ignorant he is? I tried to explain to him that I use it for anxiety and he told me that mental health is an excuse and a joke.

2. If he drug tests you, be ready to leave home.
    Even if you quit two weeks ago, it'll still show on a test.

3. If you want to fail your drug tests and get kicked out then yes keep on truckin, billy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Well your dad sounds like a dumbass, but I guess the shit apple doesn't fall far from the shit tree here. It is his house and he does have the right to do that if he wants to even though that's a great way to ruin your relationship with one another and clearly not the best way to handle the situation.

5. I'm just going to keep it simple, despite what his thoughts may be, its his house, his rules. It's as simple as that. Once you get your own place, you will be able to do whatever that you want.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Only Red knows why the man is such a hard-ass. Tough love is probably the only life lesson you could get out of your situation. Good luck, blade!

7. It can be hard to communicate with parents sometimes.
    How old are you?
    How are you doing in school?
    Any hobbies? Help out around he house?
    Working? Etc.

:smoke:

8. I don't currently have a job but I plan on selling my music soon.
    I'm currently 21, and I help around the house and create music as a hobby. I am doing fine in school my dad is just very ignorant and doesn't understand that cannabis has a positive impact on my life, while he sits at home killing himself with his tobacco use and occasional drinking.

It just makes me mad how blind he is to the effects of the substances he chooses to take as opposed to mine.

• Like Like x 2
  9. You can refuse to be drug tested, you're 21 years old. He can throw you out, continue smoking your weed but don't be blatant. He's doing the parent thing but you're aware of the hypocrisy so that's all you need. Don't try to debate him on the benefits of weed vs his behavior. Just do your thing and don't throw it in his face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. His house, his rules. Too easy.

Move out, do what you want...if not, respect the rules.

11. It depends if you want to be honest and loyal to your father. If so, tell him the truth and say you will not be able to pass. If not, then dilute your test or try to take the home test he will give you.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

12. Okay here's the thing, some people above are being total assholes and I may sound like an ass but I'm just going to be brutally honest here. You're 21 and you want to continue smoking weed. You're afraid of failing a drug test and getting kicked out well... if that is your biggest fear you might want to re-evaluate your priorities. Right now you are depending on your dad for housing and he has every right to kick you out because you are above the age of 18. My advice to you is do not put up with your dads shit if you don't want to. I cut ties with my dad when I was 19 years old because he was a raging alcoholic who verbally abused me my entire life referring to me as a "brain dead pot head" even though I attend one of the most recognized universities in the US with an SAT score of 1540. I simply decided I wasn't going to put up with my dad's shit anymore and I moved out, got serious about getting a good job to support my living and I smoke pot everyday without anyone telling me what to do or how to do it. If you want to continue to smoke weed then you need to quit relying on your dad for housing, money, food etc. Prove to your dad that you can do this without his help while smoking weed and hopefully one day you will establish the relationship a father and son should have. I hope this helps.