Do you think i have enough light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bostonbluebud, Nov 24, 2009.

1. I have one, TWO bulb 4 foot Fixture with daylight 6500K bulbs each throwing 3050 lumens. Do i have enough light for Veg. :smoking:

2. how many plants and how big of spot?

3. its a closet on top of a dryer so i have venting probly not bigger than 4 feet with 2 plants

4. Sounds like enough light for a couple Plants. Where did you pick those lights up? How many watts? T5s?

5. They're either the 32 or the 40 W 4 ft, right? Rule of thumb 100 W for the first plant, keep in mind, this is 4 feet long... which means that at the closest, the furthest ends are at least two feet from any bud... they're great for supplemental lighting, but you need something that can get a lil closer. I have 2x4 ft fluoro's with the 40 W bulbs, coupled with 2x 125 W CFL 2700K and a 150W HPS.

6. there's 2 plants but each light is 40W so its 80 in total I think i will just see how the grow goes and then take it from there because this is my first grow

7. I used 2 of these 2 bulb hangers to veg 3 plants very easily. Top or FIM every few nodes after number 4 and keep the lights no higher than 3" away. You will get fat plants with lots of bud sites. No monster colas in the end but if you are height constrained, its the way to go. My single plant is now 4' wide, 4' tall, and 2' deep, filled my cabinet completely under 2 150W HPS lights.

8. Whats the sq.ft of your room mane?You need atleast 30watts per square foot.

9. its about 5 feet tall 3 feet deep

10. the thing is they are cfl's and they are 4 feet long so there should be no problem vegitating
    but what im doing right now it having a seed grow cause im running low on seeds

11. you're missing a dimension.

12. oh srry its 5' tall by 4' by 4'

13. hi there, where the lights are concerned. if there 4 foot long and 40 watts each that mean that the light will be split out. so if you think about it each foot of the light will be 10 watts in power, you would need 10 of these lights to make 100 watts per foot of the light. this would be a better option.. but if you only have 2 add some cfls to the mix or up to a hid light

14. I'm not sure about 100 W per square foot... that would mean that in a 4x4 foot room you'd need 1600 W... which is WAY, way too much. The rule of thumb I go for is 100 W for the first plant, and 50 for each subsequent plant... minimum. I like 100 Per plant. Just make sure the fluoro's are as close as possible to the lights.

15. i never said 100 per square foot of the grow room, i said to get 100 watt per foot of a 40 watt 4 foot light you would need 10 lights meaning 400 watts of 4 foot flouro's

16. Hi I have a space that 2.5 feet deep 8 feet tall and 5 feet across I was planing on buying a 400 HPS with a mh conversion bulb for 4 Plants, would that be enough lights? I was thinking about adding 4 26w=100w 6500k daylight CFLs for added light in a different spectrum for flowering would this help? Also what about side lighting durining flowering?

17. yup that light will do fine for 4 plants. iused a 400 hps on 3 plants and i got a massive harvest....

18. #18 meyers313, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
    Do you think the cfls are needed? Does side lighting give substantially higher yields during flowering or did you just use the 400 hps? How big were your pots? also what kind of yields did you get? thanks for the help

19. i just used a 400 watt hps in a cool tube, i went a bit silly on pot size and used a 10 gallon pots (5 gallon will do perfectly) and the plants were 4 foote each...

20. Yeah i was looking at a cool tube too. How big was your grow area? Did you do any lst? also what kind of yield per plant did you get? Were you using hps the whole time or did you veg using mh or any other light source?