Do you think I handled this well?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Cheshire-Cat, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Basically ive been talking to a girl from work that I have started to like.
    Weve been chatting at work, over text and been out around town a few times so I figured I had a decent chance to ask her out so I did.
    It didn't go as I hoped.

The main part of the conversation went (this is via text after a phone call we had when I mentioned someone at work thinking we were seeing each other)

Me: yeah she just randomly said when we were outside before starting shift xxxxx

Her: haha did she really ive not heard anything! .. thought we were just friends xxxx

Me: yeah hah I didnt know if shed said anything to you. And yeah we are friends but I would like to get to know you better than that. xxxx

Her: Haha no she's not, and I like being friends it's just I'm not looking for a relationship at the minute xxxx

Me: Lol I wonder what made her say it to me. I like being friends with you too and I understand. I still owe you a starbucks though xxxx

Her: Aww good! And I really don't no haha, and ye we will still have Starbucks 😁 xxxx

The starbucks thing is a friendly bet over that x factor crap. She won so I said id get her a starbucks coffee.

Think ive fucked it because I dont want her to feel awkward around me now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Its only awkward if you make it awkward

3. What is up with all the x's

🎶High above at the edge of the world, we are searching for glory and peace, when the time has come you will see our return to the Land of the Free!🎶

4. Honestly what I would do is just act totally cool, almost like it didn't even happen, and wait around to see if she'll come around.

5. You acted like her friend for too long and you got friendzoned - don't take it personally man. I bet if an alpha male type guy walked into your work and started hitting on her she'd be looking for a relationship though... females brains are hardwired to be attracted to wealth, health and social status 

6. my god this thread has to be one of the most rewarding things i have found on GC.

7. damn, thought it was lazy :laughing: 

only awkward if she notices your erection :hide:

8. Just got off the phone to her again. Confirmed friend zone, fuck it. I do now have a pretty hot wing woman though.
    At least someone got something out of it OSS.
    Not sure what kind of a response I expected from GC to be honest :lol:

9. here's where you fucked up. and doing it over text didn't help
    you made it too easy for her to be like [​IMG]

it would've been harder for her to do that shit in person

10. DUDE!

I thought it was @[member="lazytoker"] too until I read this post and scrolled up.  :laughing:

11. Ill make it easier for you all and change my profile picture. Get mistaken for lazytoker too often :lol:

Yeah I wouldve said the same thing tomorrow when I met her for starbucks but the topic happened to come up while im at work and she's off at home. Live and learn is the lesson.

12. real similar avi's haha

13. That and I'm real fucking high right now!

:laughing:

14. confused me even thou im not high yet!!!!!!

15. If you're asking if you did a good job of trying to ask her out, no, but you already know that. As far as handling it like an adult, you did fine. 

16. Not similar, they were identical lol. That + being high = easy confusion

17. ahah yeah i wasnt sure if they were the same or not :)

18. no doubt man. on to the next one

19. But why does this need to be shared on GC?