Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think I am in trouble with the landlord?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Techno mechanical fox, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Hi,

I have been vaping since November in my apartment. Weed is legal here, so that is a plus.

Anyways, my landlord posted a "no smoking weed" letter next to the elevator on our floor. I knew it was not a building wide thing because it was not on the floor before us. I was vaping weed and concerned that my asshole neighbor is complaining.

So I screwed up thinking that the letter was because of my vaping (dry herb vape) and tell my landlord that its just vaping and I will do it outside. She looked surprised at me and said I was "the last person she would suspect" but she said it probably wasn't me because the "whole floor stinks of weed". So I told her I would vape out in the parking lot in the future.

Did I screw this up? Should I have just shutup? The floor honestly smells kinda funky asides from my room. If it means anything the landlord did not seem upset because vaping is not in the lease.

• Like Like x 1

2. The landlord probably appreciates your honesty.. if she said it probably wasn't you she must know vaping wouldn't stink out the place like other smoking methods would so I'd say you're in the clear :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Your good bro. Vape away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. If you pay your rent on time and dont trash her property she could give a fuck less. She probably doesnt give a fuck about whoever's smoking, she just put the sign up to appease the whiney tenant that texts her every night complaining about weed smell while their 12.5 cats are absolutely destroying the carpeting and doors of the unit. Do your thing... we appreciate you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. You narced on yourself? Good job, bro. :laughing:

Aside from that silly maneuver, sounds like you're good to go. Based on the reaction, I wouldn't even worry about going outside. Keep doin' you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 killset, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    I have a couple rental properties. I do not allow smoking of any sorts. Im ok with vaping. Smoking stains the walls, burns the flooring and creates a potential fire issue. It sounds like shes in line with my lease agreements. You were honest and she didnt say no so it sounds all good. If she considered vaping in line with smoking she should of said no

7. Tell her I said that it's okay and that you should be allowed to stay.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Well yeah man you never admit to ANYTHING to ANYONE.

DENY. DENY. DENY.

But in all honesty how could you have possibly benefited from telling her that?? Of course you fucked up, you could have just not said anything and you’d be in a significantly better position.

Good luck fighting vaping vs smoking in court.

9. God sober people think they do nothing wrong because they don't smoke. I hate these 50 year old men who get up before sunrise to mow their lawns on a Saturday just because their time is running out.