Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you think abusing marijuana is dangerous?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by crisk21, Aug 7, 2011.

1. yeah the prob isn't pot though, it's addiction.

however that said, marijuana IS addictive, mentally, and a tad bit physically....

ask anyone who's toked for multiple years and then quit, there's some physical side effects, headache, lack of appetite, stomach aches...

nothing like say...opiates... but, still there.

2. I've known people that will do anything to get high if there is no weed. That's a problem.

3. To an extent, abusing weed in the sense of spending more money then you expect is as dangerous as it gets.

4. YES! If I see you abusing my marijuana plants I'll kick your ass!

But smoking a bowl isn't dangerous at all. As for the people who are so depressed they say it's the only thing keeping them alive, I've never seen pot make a mentally stable person unstable. They probably have serious issues that have nothing to do with pot and use it as a coping mechanism. Personally I really wouldn't be alive without pot, but for health reasons, not emotional.

5. Actually, unless you're going the distance and holding your hits for a super long period of time, holding them wont do any damage to the brain. It might make you a little light headed if you hold a hit for ~20-30 seconds, but it's not going to do damage... as far as I know

6. ^^^Plus there is the fact that marijuana protects users against Alzheimer, so in a way it safeguards your brain.

7. Yes I punch MJ everyday, gonna call the cops on my for MJ abuse??

Seriously though I don't feel like I am abusing anything.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQM6sOsd5k]‪Half Baked: I Used to Suck dick for coke!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Lol marijuana addiction

9. Why would it be dangerous to smoke bud if you're depressed? Its better then taking anit-depression medicine. Its not dangerous to be high all the time... I don't think so at least. If you are functioning properly then I don't see anything wrong with it. It doesn't affect you in a negative way physically like some drugs.

10. #30 Skunky Monkey, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
    It doesn't matter how often you smoke it doesn't kill brain cells. And yes it does increase them.

Norm "Myth Marijuana is dangerous".

June 1994
    by Dale Gieringer, Ph.D.
    Coordinator, California NORML
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3475

11. very good point!!!!! weed is so much healthier than prescribed medication.

12. I smoke every day. Not before or during work, solely on days I don't work or at nights after work. The problem is I don't feel as if I'm abusing a "substance". Shit, smoking a J every night after work to relax is probably healthier than having 2 or 3 beers a night to relax. I don't miss out on any activities, anything regarding my family, or work. I am actually quite socially functional when I'm high.