Do you take care of your self?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by HappyBuds, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Ever since I started my organic kick/indoor gardening I've had much better health. I used to get eczema every spring, this year I didn't get it. I used to burn after being out in the sun any more than 30 minutes, now I've got a "farmer's" tan. I breath a lot easier, run longer(never get winded. just tired), can do more pushups, can do pullups, can do a lot more situps, and have lost a ton of weight. I also feel mentally sharper. I'm more alert at work. I don't mess up much at work much either. I learn a lot quicker. All I had to do was stop reading about fad diets and read of what my body needs. organic amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.

2. Some good info here, Stankie. Thanks. I've been battling a lot of sinus drainage lately due to allergies, but hopefully I won't have to battle any of the white masses.

As for the tea, I'm glad to hear you're getting better results. Sounds like you're getting your steep times dialed in for sure. Letting the water cool after a boil is key in my opinion. It's really easy to make a really strong, tannic green tea if you don't. I'm happy that you got away from that Celestial crap :D. Post back with your thoughts on the Rooibos! I'm anxious to hear.

3. [quote name='"Stankie"']

Yeah. I used to a lot more than I do now. Whenever I break and eat a bunch of carbs and/or refined sugar, my ears get poppy, my sinus drains and I get 'the taste' in the back of my throat/sinus.
    The white things are a bit of a mystery. I think they either have something to do with intestinal problems and/or are a resistant staph in my throat. Just to mention, some people can have low grade or just be carriers for staph in their throats. I kinda think it moves around my upper respiratory tract. My ears, sinus, throat and even my Eustachian tubes.
    I've gotten my sinus issue a lot, lot better than it was a few years ago. I started doing nasal douches (it's a technical term ;) netti pot, if you will.) The nasal douches almost just made it worse by creating a damp environment in my sinuses even more all day. It wasn't until I added EM to the douche water that it helped the best. I tried herbs, more salt, apple cider vinegar. None helped but the EM. I also pour EM down my ears and let it sit there for a few minutes. It really gives me a reaction if I have symptoms. I kinda sit there with my head tilted or laying down and pour a few drops in my ear. Once you stand up and drain it, you get a nice dizzy feeling. Freebie!! :D I think this is the best way to get any little buggers that may be in the Eustachian tube.

Bout the tea. I went to the health food store and made some tea choices!
    I bought some organic Rooibos. Had to look until I found a 'pure' tea with nothing else added. I also bought a different kind of green tea. This is a Japanese spring harvested green tea. I had just been buying Celestial Seasonings green tea before. The nausea did get better when I started to brew it the proper way.
    Cool the water briefly from a boil and I set a timer for 3:00. I think I was using too hot of a water and way too long of brew time.
    Even the better brand of tea I bought now has the instructions different for green tea. I just forgot/got lazy about the proper way to brew green tea.
    Probably will try tonight the rooibos. I got a starfucks on my morning errands, and I gotta ride out the caffeine.[/quote]

Stankie, I've been dealing with some issues re my immune system. To try and eliminate what may be causing the problems I've been doing the gluten free diet. One positive from the recent diet change is the fact that I don't spend 20min or so coughing and draining in the morning. The wife is blown away. Just something to think about especially if your noticing it with carbs.

4. iodine is essential for your metabolism and immune system. how much iodine are you taking in every day?

5. [quote name='"imap420"']

iodine is essential for your metabolism and immune system. how much iodine are you taking in every day?[/quote]

I have no idea but i am going to look.

6. I just made some super random tea today that turned out awesome.

-16 oz. water
    -2 slices of ginger
    -pinch of cayenne pepper
    -1 cinnamon stick
    -a couple of pinches if mint leaves
    -simmer on med/low for 15-20 mins
    -2 tbls. of organic clover honey

Success.