Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you smoke when your sick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SnorkChris420, Jun 27, 2012.

1. I was wondering if you bladez smoke when you are sick (flu,cough,headache etc)
    I thought this might be a good topic haha I'm sick btw :p

2. yeah man defs always, if I'm feelin sick having a smoke always makes me feel better

3. yeah it feels awesome in your mind. physically not so much. when i did i could feel my sinuses being all backed up n shit all the time... it sucked.

4. I vaporized constantly when i had bronchitus. It stopped the throw ups and dry heaves. And i stopped coughing as much. I loved it. It felt like. A mild cold at that point. Then i fell asleep and woke back up to it :/

5. But then I smoked Again:)

6. If I have body aches, head ache, up set stomach, ill use some marijuana but I prefer edibles for medicinal purposes. Seems to work better.

7. Yeah haha I see most people do :D I have a croupy cough and headache I'll be hitting my bong soon hehe lol :p

8. Right now haha

9. it definitely helps alot, especially if you need to get something in your stomach

10. i always smoke, sick or not

11. a few weeks ago i had a really high fever. i got up and smoked up. it was worth it seeing as how it eased my body pain considerably.

12. I'm currently sick and smoking.. I kinda think it helps.

13. #14 Macro, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    i always have, no matter what, even throat conditions. i don't think it does harm with common flu and colds. however, about ten years ago i had a tonsillectomy, and i smoked cigarettes and pot that night and my throat kept bleeding so bad i went to the ER. most likely due to the tobacco but i'll never be certain.

14. #15 fatblunts9-5-4, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
    Yup. As other people said if your having body aches, nausea, fever it will definitely alleviate those symptoms, but if you have congestion and/or a sore throat smoke is only going to make that worse. I recommend vaping and edibles...easy way to avoid having to go through the entire decarb, strain, sit, bake, sit process is keeping an emergency supply of cannabutter, a hot cup of tea, a bowl of soup, and some toasted toast! Thats how to stick it to those pharmaceutical murderers!!

last but not least STAY AWAY FROM CONCENTRATES if your going to smoke with congested lungs and/or sinuses....

15. i blaze when i'm sick but i mostly try to vape cause i'm already coughing enough as it is from being sick. or just take small bong snaps with warm/hot water.

16. Of Course! It is the best medicine on the market

17. ya dude then you can sleep so good its unreal and then you wake up better and you hit another bowl

18. For throwing up and nausea, yes, because it helps break the cycle of feeling too sick to eat/feeling sicker because I don't eat by giving me the munchies.

For a headache, no, because it gives me a headache.

I also like to smoke it when I can't get warm - it's a vasodilator, so I always feel nice and warm after smoking. :)

19. Dude got a cold 2 weeks ago smoked bongs everyday and im still coughing