Do you see a civil uprise immenent in the u.s. ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Nov 27, 2010.

1. cold war.. that was the war against communism right? I always find it funny that everytime we go into a war, our country becomes more communist. All American businesses are owned by the government right now.. well not exactly owned but get taxed so hard that it would seem like the government owned them:D.

civil uprise? I doubt it. The people are still watching dancing with the stars and collecting that welfare check. Whats the point of a civil uprise when have a large percentage of people voting democrat to get more money from the government.

2. Chicken would make a good journalist. He's amazing at taking the most mundane things and blowing them WAY out of proportion, take the Obama teleprompter threads for example. Although, he'd have to learn how to properly use a comma, period, and how to speak on a 6th grade level at the very least.

3. #23 OODA, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010
    You guys are retarded, China is not going to just ask us for their money.
    Even a simpleton in politics and economics knows that. And no there will not be an uprising at least for the next 2 years, (If Sarah Palin is elected to the presidency, I think her blunders maybe enough to tip the balance, but I doubt she would be)

Nothing happened during the Great Depression, which was ten times as bad. What makes you think the people would be compelled now?

And "Civil Uprisings" are nearly impossible in Republic's like ours. Often, if there is political dissent is built up, a political party or person will rise up to feed they're interest.

For instance,

Bush fucks up presidenc > People get really mad > Obama fills void (and the people that were pissed become satisfied with the change)

Obama fucks up > People get mad > Tea Party fills the void.

This has always happened in functioning republics, from Rome to ours.
    Anytime people are pushed to revolution, a more legitimate means is given, elections.

We live in a Republic, not a autocracy, there is no firm government to oppose.
    We are the government.

It is completely illogical, as long as new parties and canidates can rise up and appease public interest (and no its not some conspiracy, Its a democracy its how its supposed to work), WHY WOULD ANYONE RESORT TO A CIVIL UPRISING?

4. #24 OODA, Nov 28, 2010
    And what the hell do you mean
    What the fuck? It's simple, we vote and elect. It has not changed.

There is no conspiracy, If a democrat canidate participated in voter fraud, than Fox news would be all over it and vis versa.

People like you probably do not even know who their congress person is, or their mayor.
    THATS WHY WE LOSE CONTROL, cause ignorance of our politician's REAL policies.

Because no one asks! Value voting is ridiculous, we vote in on "change" or the fact that he is "honest" or other values. But know nothing of their real policies and then are suprised and confounded. Its ridiculous.

I'd like you to elaborate, cause I am astonished that taxing a business is synonomus with owning it.
    What a silly statement.

5. that may be the way you see it,,,,,,^^^^^^^^^

but i see it as THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX......:cool:

6. fair enough, think about it this way.

businesses get taxed 50% of their income. who gets the other 50? the government. We can easily say that since the government gets the other 50% as if it was a partner, we can say that the government owns 50% of the company. do you see why? I don't believe I could elaborate more than this but I can try if you don't understand :).

7. Now this is illogical.

8. You're right, collapse due to overexpansion and inflation is far more likely to happen than civil uprise.

The people are too drunk with entitlements. How can they see they've got flies in their eyes if they've got flies in their eyes? vvvvvv

Loyalist scum! :p

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" -TJ

9. On that note.... "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Ben Franklin

10. and that is exactlly where we are now,,,,,

welfare recipatants are the reason we have OBAMA,,,,

and big unions,,,and anyone that has something to benifit them directly ,, by big government,,:cool:

11. No, but they can stop accepting dollars and stop trading in dollars.

The US doesn't produce anything anymore, that's why.

12. It's eerie how right our founding fathers were and how people can blow off their wisdom "because they lived in a different time."

13. I've seen it coming for a long time. Thats why Im setting aside food, water and "hunting tools" and medical suplies.

Im not taking any chances. I will not be the guy standing in line at my local walmart WHEN not if but WHEN the shit hits the fan. I'll be locked snugly away at home with my family and ready for anything.

14. We can all look at the bright side thankfully.

At least we dont have McCain

15. I know right :smoke:

16. #36 SmokinP, Nov 28, 2010

An uprising will come some day have no doubt about that...:)

You could be in for a shock though my feathered friend...
    Prepare yourself...:D

Red baby, Red...

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Working men of all countries, unite!"
    Karl Marx

17. sadly :( this. most americans would gladly watch the world burn if they can watch it on their flat panel, lcd, HI-DEF, etc. and don't you dare run any fucking commercials.....unless it is for that New (insert worthless widget here)

want to see civil unrest? cancel "dancing with the stars" or "american idol" as long as the most important news programs to the masses are tabloids, most people won't friggin care enough to even be pissed off. they care more about which hollywood nobody is fucking which other nobody

I can only hope that it keeps getting worse. maybe, eventually, it will snap the 'mer-cans out of their torpor. and, maybe, just maybe they will start to hold the criminals, who hold this country hostage, accountable.

if it isn't already too late

18. i donno.. personally i think it's the same people pulling his strings as Obama's strings. I doubt things would be much better or worse if you, I, Obama or McCain were president.. but who the fuck really knows?

19. 90% of Americans couldn't uprise themselves to their mailbox without getting out of breath, even if a jelly doughnut is waiting for them.

I mean really, let's entertain this though. Millions of American's rise up. You'd have a sea of fat, lazy people so self-entitled that when they realize they may have to eat food out of a plastic package 60% will abandon ship.

I mean really, the American people uprising? Maybe if McDonald's brings back the McRib we'd see an uprising to get to McDonald's.

20. depends, most people in the states just take shit and never stand up for themselves so it's really something to think about