Do you really care?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rhythm of Life, May 24, 2008.

1. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So how many of you out there actually care about your rep on here? I mean is it really that big of a deal?

In my opinion I think people take it way to seriously. I really do think people use it as an E-Penis ruler. "Oh no I have a red bar now my words won't be paid attention to!"

So when you post or when you browse the forums do you even really bother to look at the rep of the poster of a thread or of a comment?

2. i dont really care about mine really. However, i must admit, i do look at the posters rep bar sometimes.

3. how do you check the rep?....jk
    never bothered to pay attention to useless shit like that...

4. I don't really care about mine. The only time I look at others in when I see red, and thats because I don't see it that often, so it kinda stands out. But it's not like i'm not going to talk to the person because of it. Unless it's some stupid kid like a couple I have seen that got banned in the Rec. section.

5. I look at it once in a while. But it makes more sense to base my opinions of people on what they've written in their post rather than however many green/red bars happen to be under their name.

6. I don't particulary care about mine, but I'd rather not be in the red for a few reasons; however, I don't particulary care about others reputation as well, but I also don't even know the point or how it works.

But what is funny is to go look at it and look read the reasons why you were given it.
    Heh... Stoners and their reasons.

7. it doesnt mean crap here. iv been on another forum where rep is life haha. only way they get away with not being nerds there is its a bodybuilding forum

8. Pfft.
    I pay more attention to the user with 1 red bar than I do to the user with a zillion greens.
    I guess cuz the more rep you have, the more compelled you are to write long posts that can't hold my attention worth shit.
    With red bar, I've got this preconceived idea that he's gonna say something naughty.

9. I enjoy the comments.

I can't say that I care, but I will say I have no qualms with having a "quick reference" as to, as far as GC is concerned, if they've been around the block, or not.

10. I hope people do like recieving it anyway, b'cos then it's a nice thing to be able to show appreciation for something with a comment and everything..

..and it's interesting when someone has a red bar - I sometimes even check their posts to see why - I'm so nosy.. :eek: :D

I think it's a nice feature anyway.. :) ...though there may be benefits to not having a rep system aswell - I post on one or two forums where there isn't one, and it seems like the new posters are somewhat more articulated and confident or something...or maybe it's unrelated..idk

I'm soooo sleepy... it's actually starting to get light outside now..I should get to bed soon...:)

Amsterdam the day after 2moro :eek: - yayyy! :D

11. I care... not as much as "Agree" can suggest, but its interesting to know...
    I would have chosen a "Kinda sorta" or "Meh" option if it was there... but I can't lie and say I absolutely don't... but yeah.

12. i mean, i look at someones reputation and judge what kinda status they have in the community by it, but it doesnt necessarily directly affect my opinion on them, theres people on here i think are deushbags with maxed out rep bars, n theres people who only have 1 or 2 bars that i think are cool

as far as my rep bar, i just been here a long ass time so i would just expect it to be that way.. i also get happy when i +rep someone and they get an extra bar haha

13. The greenness helps compensate for my small penis

About 2/3 of the +reps I've received are responses to things I post that others find funny, but that I didn't actually create myself. God bless america.

14. its not +rep and -rep

its reps n negs

15. I like to get pos rep justcause it makes me feel like someone is listening to me.

I like to do the same for others.

16. internet rep isn't making me any money so I gives a fuck about it.

17. ^ haha true man, true
    its all about the dollar, always the dollar.
    for the record, my 'rep' on the internet doesn't mean much, i mean, after all, it is the internet...:smoke:

18. I see reputation as more of a seniority thing. I rarely pay any attention to it, but I guess it's nice to have something that shows you've contributed something useful to the forum.

19. I dont know what the Rep system is on this site. It seems like the more post numbers people have the more green bars they have. It doesnt make a difference to me at all I come on here to learn and for something to do.

20. Honestly, rep can bias my judgement slightly.

If I see a long ass post, and they have a ton of rep, i'm more inclined to read through it, because i know its more likely to be positively contributional.

And it feels nice when someone appreciates what you said.