Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you really care about the strain name?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stone24, Oct 26, 2011.

1. I'm just wondering, when people here buy marijuana, (not from a dispensary) do you ask for the name of the strain? Or, if you do know the name of the strain, how important is that to you?

If one person is selling a gram of "dank" for $15 and another person is selling a gram of "purple kush" for $20, which would you go for? Be honest.

Personally, I never cared about strain names. But now, I have a dealer who grows marijuana, and he always has different strains. Personally, I go with what looks the dankest (and no, not the purple-est, I'm talking about THC crystals, etc) and I also pay attention to the smell.

What do you think?

2. Fuck purp, but yea if they know the strain I'd usually go for that

3. of course, I love bluebery and cheese and blue cheese is probably my favourite.

4. nope dont give a shit as long as it looks dank and smells nice then im copping it

5. Yea but only if I'm 100% sure it's the real thing.

6. I'd rather not ask, because that way I'm not asking them to lie to me. This is of course in the event that I'm picking up no-name dank, which I usually am.
    Edit: That's cool that you know the grower

7. I'm with you. But when you have several choices that all match that description it gets a little harder :smoke:

One thing though, is that if I buy something a dealer calls blue cheese (for example) once, and I really like it, I will buy the same blue cheese next time. But I wouldn't buy blue cheese from someone else just because of this, if that makes sense. They would be entirely different.

Also, I never ask the name if they don't give it to me. If they call their weed white widow, don't you think they'd tell you it's white widow without you asking? Haha

8. Just want a bag of weed. I like knowing if its indica or sativa though.... can plan my smokes around that better. If I get indica, Im gonna sit down and draw and listen to music or play guitar, go to bed. If its sativa Im callin my buddies up and playin disc golf or airsoft.

9. I feel you there. Good point. One of my pet peeves though, (and I don't think I've ever even said that before) is when I buy an ounce, I ask for half indica half sativa, and smoke one of them and just wait to find out which is which.

10. Street dealers lie about the name all the time here. All they want is your money. But if I had a dispensary I would look for strains that would help me the best.

Cudder is a monster. :3

11. I don't give a fuck, as long as its dank.

12. I only care about the strain if it's legit. Lately, my dealer has been getting some really nice no-name dank and it's just as good as any named strain that I've smoked. I use to have a dealer that got his shit mailed to him from a grower in CO. It was always legit and was always dank but the name didn't determine the dankness. The THC content, the curing job, how well flushed it was, etc. etc. was what made it dank.

13. I love knowing the name of my bud I buy but that wouldn't stop me from getting a no name strain.

14. Never ask for the strain name because I don't give a fuck. Strain names are meaningless (unless buying from a dispensary) because trusting the strain name a dealer gives you is like trusting of the outcome of that old 'Telephone' game everyone played in elementary school.

15. Since i shop medically, i do... and i have a very particular list of strains that do help my migraines, and a list of strains that irritate my asthma so i dont forget and buy a strain that makes me feel like im a fish out of water lol....

I also find i enjoy some strains, a LOT more than others.... but it would be hard to judge if i wasnt getting it from dispensaries to know which is actually which lol