Do you play better or worse at Starcraft 2 while high?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by 2MuchSkunk2Nite, Aug 8, 2010.

1. I haven't played that many RTS games in the past. Mostly just WoW and some FPS's. I did pretty good at those while high. But it just seems like SC2 there are a lot of things going on at the same time. Do any of you guys play it high, and how well do you do? Rankings / leagues ?

2. Sometimes better/worse... Depends if the herb is sativa/indica.

If its a sativa im all down on that shit, but if its indica, I'll get bored, build Thors and blow shit up with them and then get killed for having no defence units.....

I lol'd at that thought

3. I wonder if any high level platinum or diamond players play high.

4. Bump, inquiring minds must know =)

5. I feel like I do worse when I play high even though it is more fun.

When the match first starts I feel like I'm doing okay. Then 15 minutes in I realize that I've left units unattended for some time when normally I have no problem with the multitasking.

I had one match where I misclicked my scvs and accidently had them all mining gas for a solid 5 minutes.

Silver player here with 15 wins and 15 loses (3 of those loses were definitely because I was high.)

6. I'm in platinum for 1s and 2s and I'd say its pretty even. I can't help but focus really hard on video games when I'm high, it just makes me wired.

7. I got to number 1 in platinum today after smoking quite a few bowls. I'm best while fairly high, but if I'm too blown and can't think straight it's gg. I played broodwar alot while high so that helped, especially since SC2 is so much easier to play.

8. yeah i play high almost 70% of the time, because after couple games im sober anyway. im plat right now and keep going up if any yall are down to play or practice games hmu on here or sc2. Im diamond in all team games plat in 1's. would like same skill if laddering but if practice w.e. :smoke:

9. I suck sober or high:laughing:

10. im high diamond and i pretty much only play while high x.x only time i have the 'dont give any fucks about losing' attitude

11. im high diamond as well and played stoned sometimes, sometimes not.

I will make careless errors high though, so I don't ladder.

I prefer to play sober casue i can multitask better, and i play Terran so thats pretty important

12. I've never tries SC but I would assume I wouldn't play great while high. Weed and RTS games don't mix for me. It feels like it's too slow of a pace.

13. I am terrible when I am high. However, I am kind of new and still in bronze, so once I memorize some build orders better I will play better high.

When I am high I forget to build crucial buildings/units until I go to use them and I realize "wow I didn't even build a factory yet? god damn I am high"

14. I play way worse when Im high. A small bowl doesnt affect me much but if I get really high, I just cant keep up with all the shit going on nearly as good as sober. It just gets way too intense, I find I focus way too much on 1 thing and neglect everything else. One time I was way too baked and was meaning to build an ultralisk cavern and ended up building another infestation pit instead. And did it again right after, 3 infest pits in my base my allies were like dude wtf are you doing. Im just...off when Im really high.

Im plat 1v1 but Im kind of new to 1v1. I mostly just play 3v3 random, its my favourite, just recently made it to masters league. Awww yea