Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you need to use cannabis butter or oil to make brownies?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by zxcvbnm12345678, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Its the first time im making brownies and i thought that i could just grind the weed and mix it in the brownie mix. Will that work?

2. I suppose it could work if you decarbed the weed first, though I bet you will lose a lot of potential potency. You should stick to what's tried and true though, cannaoil isn't that difficult to make if you follow the tutorials correctly.

3. What does it mean to decarb weed?

4. So if i cook the weed in the brownies without doing anything to it the brownies wont het me high?

5. Sorry it took long to reply. I'll spare the technical details, decarbing essentially 'Activates' the psychoactive compounds in your bud to increase potency upon eating it (It occurs instantly when you combust your bud and naturally over time as it ages)

How I decarb my weed is I grind it as fine as possible, pre-heat an oven to 275, place the ground bud on an oven safe dish, and seal it very tightly with aluminum foil. After the oven is done preheating, I place the dish in the oven for about 10 minutes. Take it out then let it cool for a couple minutes, then take the foil off and handle your bud. It should be like a slight golden brown color, and very crumbly. Still though you should just make some cannaoil or butter if you want to make pot brownies.

6. just mixing it with your brownies will have some effect if you use a lot of bud, but you will have way, waaaaay, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better effects if you make cannaoil or butter first and use that in your brownies. So yeah, you should, just adding decarbed weed isn't effective (enough) either.