Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you need to be a resident of CA to get a medical MJ card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Marlin7, Jan 12, 2007.

1. I work in CA for a month or two out of the year, Is it possible to get a card?

2. The THCF clinic doctor is licensed in OR,WA,CA, and HI. California doesnt have a state issued card so your doctors paperwork and recomendaation of MMJ make you legal in Cali.

clinton

3. Not sure if I understand that. I am a resident of NY but travel to CA and stay there for a month to work then return home, Can go to a doctor and get MMJ?

thanks

4. No you can't get it from the doctor. A doctor can give you a recommendation though. They cannot discuss where you get can get it though. I think you have to be a resident in California. You need a California Driver's license, or utility bill. A California card will not be any good in New York.

5. no no no no you do NOT need to be a resident. well you're supposed to be but my friend got his cali mj paper thing when he first moved there before he had his cali id. its the clubs that enforce residency not the doctors

6. Just wondering when im there living in a hotel if I could get MJ legally. Not like it really matters but I just thought it would be good to try the medical stuff and to see if I qualify for it.

7. Then it's not required but they can call you on it. Just like you don't need to be 21 to buy alcohol if they don't card you. When my friend got the card he needed to bring a utility bill since he didn't have a California Driver's license yet.