Do you name your Toking Tools?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by tomshark, Jan 24, 2010.

1. I don't do it, but if you go to glasspipes the artists name a good amount of their pieces.
    I see nothing wrong with it at, I just stopped doing it once I started buying so many pieces over time.

2. I guess if I was flying is something that could kill me, especially in wartime, naming the plane would help to take some of that pressure off and I think that is the reason why you find names on planes and navel vessels. It also helps to build comoradre between the crew.

I really don't see how this equates to naming devices that deliver THC to us.

For me, I don't name them. I just don't see the point. It's an inanimate object. To me, it'd be the same thing as naming my couch, or chair or fridge. Makes no sense to me.

3. Do i name my pieces? No.

Do my friends? Yes.

Its just something i dont want to do for some reason. I mean go ahead i dont care what anyone else does. I do like that with named pieces its more secret. You can be like yo u got chode? (Chode is a bowl thats really small like a chode. lol) and nobody can be like DRUGS R BAD!!!

4. I've only named the ones where a name just came to me. I won't force a name on a piece.

5. nah why bother its a object what does not move or speak = no name

6. I always name my pieces after my friends moms, just so you can say "I was hittin Marcy so damn hard last night" :laughing:

7. Guess it IS an age related thing.

8. I like to name my pieces, if it comes to me and it fits then why not.

9. ding ding ding ding

my glass already has a name like illadelph, itza, jop, glassfish, etc etc etc. i would feel silly if i was like "hey man pass me the rockin rasta" just not my thing but if you get off on making names go for it. just don't call it by name when i'm over or you might get slapped:cool:

10. Yeah, I have no hate for people who name their pieces, but I do NOT like when people come on here and post threads like "what should I name my new bowl?"..... that takes away any novelty that naming a piece could have.

11. I agree 100% with yawbus. I usually just call my pieces either by the artists name or the brand. IMO naming your piece is kinda weird/childish. Out of my collection, there is only one piece that has a name, and thats my rasta steamroller by Robin Hood (The name is Tuff Gong). But thats only because i bought it off of a friend, and whenever i smoked it at his place we always would call it by that, so i guess it just stuck haha. But for everything else, i feel there really isn't a need for naming your glass. I mean, i would rather tell my friends "Thats a Sheepdawg Inline Bub" compared to, "Yea thats The Ripper". Really its just a personal preference, and i feel if its a quality piece of glass, a name (especially a weird ass name) takes away the "classy" factor to it. But i dont have anything against people who name their own pieces, i guess we just have different thoughts/taste :p

12. I second that! If its worth naming, it'll name itself, in a way. Dont ask other people, ask yourself what the name should be. If you have to force a name, its not worth naming. IMO.

13. ill name certain things, just depends if i think of a name or not... i dont really go out of my way.

14. I name my big/expensive pieces, because they're unique and always have a certain appeal according to who I'm with and the situation at hand, and it's just easier to come up with a name/title for them than to describe them. I named my big hookah Cthulu (it's a green-themed 4-hose, 3' that swivels), my 3-column percolator is Lilith, my blue polycarbonate doublebong is The DubbleBubble (aka Cookie Monster), and my new GonG doesn't have a name or title yet. I don't see it as childish, though I think some people go overboard with it.

15. I like naming them, but I don't like just sitting and coming up with a cool name lol. Usually names get developed while smoking or after or something like that. Like My friends purchased a bong together back in August and never named it, but then we started calling it "The Bazooka" and now that's the name of the bong lol.

We also used to have a shitty tobacco pipe which we called "The Ruiner". It was notorious for producing a TON of resin and it was impossible to clear it all out, so what would happen is in the middle of smoking a bowl from it, it would just start to make a bubbling noise like a bubbler. It was the sound of resin bubbling inside the pipe and by that point if you weren't careful, you could get a mouthful of hot resin. But everyone agreed that it was probably due to the resin in the pipe that everytime we smoked out of it we got "ruined" and so it became "The Ruiner" (may it rest in peace lol).

16. I name my pieces I just rarely call them by name. The names just never stick, and it's an inanimate object anyway. Anyone else have that problem.

17. I've got a few named pieces. It just kinda happens. My two-foot glass bong is named the atomic bong, because it only takes one hit and you're destroyed. My little metal one hitter is called jewy-jew hebrewberg cause of how much money it saves me. I dont go to the trouble of naming every single pipe I own, because if I did it would be a bitch to remember them all.

18. I have named both mine but i also built both of mine
    1 the 5 footer - Drippy (smoke drip's down if you dont clear it)
    2 apple juice lol

19. i made a water bong out of a wide mouth mason jar and parts from a broken bong...we call it the hillbilly..lol

20. I've only named 1 piece
    It was this one
    [​IMG]

It kinda seemed to make sense cuz it's a girl and all
    Named her Belladonna :D