do you name your pieces?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by smokeRises, Nov 15, 2010.

1. all i have is a small spoon that my sister bought me. i've only used it once, it's a small little mostly clear piece, maybe i'll post a pic later. anyway, i was thinking maybe i should give it a nickname, do you guys do this for your favorite pieces? and thoughts as to what i should name mine?

2. Yes. For pipes, i'm not sure if everyone names them(i do). As for bubblers & bongs, im pretty sure all stoners name them... my new bong got me so high i tried to think of a name, got spaced out, forgot to name her..lol

3. Whatever you name it, make it something significant and special to you. My pieces are my best friends and a name is important for me :smoke:

4. #4 Czoverton24, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
    Yea My Bong's name is Bongzilla, and my Bubbler's name is sting. Just because there is this scorpion on it. First thing that came to me lol.:hello::hello:

5. I do. My first glass spoon pipe is Marilyn, and my new bong is called "The Cyclops". Naming my pieces is always something I look forward to doing with friends. Just get really stoned and think of something. :smoke:

6. Yes, my bowl is named The Wicked Twister :smoke:

7. nope, never have never will

8. sounds gay, you guys name your dildos too? just smoke that shit

9. Made me lol

I don't name my pieces, never really saw the point of it.

10. I do have names for my bong and my pipe, but I almost always call them "my bong" or "my pipe." My pipe is American Airlines and my bong is ehle oh ehle.

11. #11 RollinMan, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
    I named my pipe Suzie Q and my Bubbler Azrael. Just get stoned with some friends and think of names. Not everyone does it, I find it fun.

12. I've always wanted to name my pipes but nothing ever stands out and I'm not concerned about it at all really, seems kinda pointless after awhile

13. here's a picture of my pipe
    does this help inspire any ideas?

Attached Files:

• pipe.jpg
      pipe.jpg
      File size:
      237.9 KB
      Views:
  14. i thought everyone named their pipes. We always name ours, and there are traditions attached to it. You have to be high when you name it, and also only the owner can give it a name, everyone else can just suggest them. One time while smoking that thing something epic will occur and you will think of a name and you will know that it feels right.

15. ^ nope not everyone names them, i don't participate in the whole naming thing, i don't name toothbrush or fork. Seems kind of pointless, everyone has the same names for theirs anyways, most are un-original, some though are hillarious.

16. but this is what i mean. You can't just give it some simple name. It has to be some epic moment. It could take years. It has to earn the name. I have an inside-out red/yellow/orange spoon named the fruit roll up, for obvious reasons. Can't remember the details but I remember my mind being blown when my friend mentioned that it reminded him of one.

17. Yeah, my friends and I name everything. We have two bongs named after 2 of the resident assistants in my dorm. I have a bubbler named after one of my smokin' hot high school teachers, and a spoon at home that hasn't been named yet... Waiting for the right one to hit me. haha

Naming pieces is just fun for us. And we never call them some random names. There are stories behind each pieces' name.

18. Nope. But then I also don't name my couch, tv, coffee table, modem, computer or any other inanimate object.

But hey, some people name their dicks, so whatever floats your boat. ;)

19. i get peeved when people name their pieces before they even use them. i didnt name my bong for like 3 months until i realized the perfect name. Impulse. because one day me and my boy were just sitting around burning out of a waterbottle and we just left and spent like 160$ on a bong. we just did it out of impulse, and didnt even think.

20. Exactly. There are stories behind the name, and memories attached to those stories, so naming it can sort of bring those memories to life i guess. Plus my pieces are like part of my family. Naming them just makes them more attached to me.

I guess more than anything else though I was just passed down this tradition when i started smoking so i just always followed it.