Do you love God more then your significant other?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Tha Professor, Mar 28, 2010.

1. #1 Tha Professor, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
    Well, do you?

If you had to choose and have only one in your life,
    would you rather have your significant other, or religion?

2. ummm, god stopped anwering my calls a long time ago.

3. #3 .....CAM....., Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
    The reason I don't use the word 'God' is because it carries an exclusive connotation. A hatchet is an axe but an axe isn't necessarily a hatchet. To love your significant other is to love "God" whether you know it or not.

What spurred this question? Careful using other peoples' definitions. A lot of these people are boxed in by words. They think exclusively.

4. well youd have to be crzy to love a mythical being in the sky more than your significant other

• Like Like x 1
  5. your lucky for me he now just hits the end button i get two rings then the machine

6. Only because you've put him on hold for even longer!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Loving my long-term girlfriend of ten or so years is a different love; I tend to view her as someone that will be joining me when He calls; even if we can't see Him at the same time.

Of course I am full of sin, so at this point I can't imagine God taking myself before her at any rate, good thread.

What are your thoughts, OP?

8. Irony and truth.

9. Who's this 'God' you speak of?

10. Well I'm an atheist , so my opinion is pretty invalid.

I'm not speaking of just god, I'm essentially identifying religion as a whole. So allow me to rephrase:

Would you rather have your significant other, or religion in your life?

11. I hope no one loves a hypothetical being that you have to make use of assumption to believe in over their material loved one..

12. Thank you.

13. I picked significant other

14. #14 edward, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010
    The distinction between the two is a false one.

Everything I love about my significant other is part of God.

15. Exactly... Just thinking about things makes it clear right away... Everything is integrated and only appears to be separated.
    Science took the long way to seeing that at the deepest level, all division is approximate. You can just look at life and it's obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  16. God 100% is the top.