Do You Like Your Name?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by basa skune, May 24, 2013.

1. Well it fits because its a unique Jewish name from the bible which is just like my personality, Shadrach is the name but I can create many nicknames out of the first 4 letters of my name so it's all good. 

2. i like my name.  i havnt met anyone else named "Tréon" yet.

3. Im named after a viking so yeah. It could be better though, i need a badass title to go with it like destroyer of souls, or keeper of the abyss. Something to glorify it more.

4. #44 SiriusWolff, May 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    Hell ya i love my name it's kinda rarer. My name means courage and valour. Name's Riley

5. My name's Lee, short and sweet :smoke:  first name's Brandon. I like it, but my parents must have regretted naming me it, because I've
     been called Lee my whole life :p

My last name is alright, but a shitload of people pronounce it wrong. Which is annoying because it's pronounced phonetically!

6. I love my first name, it's unique enough, and named for the principal messenger from God, which is pretty cool (Gabriel). Dislkiked it as a kid, though. 

7. No, people usually fin that it's really difficult to pronounce, and when I'm trying to introduce myself to a girl or someone at a party, I lose half my momentum because they get stuck on my name. Shit sucks :/ 

8. I don't like my last name. My father was/is a very bad person and I don't like knowing that I am a part of him. Also apparently hard to pronounce.

9. #49 Sarkons, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    My name is Justin, i don't mind it, some may say im Just-in-time.

10. I always hated my name, it feels like such an old lady name to me. I respect that I was named after my grandmother tho so I'd never change it, plus after looking up it's meaning..well it fits me like glove. 

11. Wanted the name Carl more honestly :(...

12. I didn't like my name when I was really young. I thought it wasn't a cool enough name because it didn't start with a j like Jason or Jake. Once I figured out my name was the same as Thomas the tank engine then I liked it more. I can shorten it to Tom which is a good name.

13. I used to dislike my name.  I always wanted to be a Heather or Angie.   I'm named after my Mom's cousin.

Love my nickname.  My family has called me sallylou since i was born. 

I hated my maiden name. Always always had to spell it out for people. 

14. I used to like my name "domenic" then chilling with some buds n chicks we went to a site that explained what your name meant. All these othet people names had wicked meanings then it came to mine and it had to something to do about being a homosexual. I was like "WTF" ever since then i hated my name.

15. "Bringer of light" is what my name means. Sometimes the meaning is bittersweet depending on your views but it fits me perfectly. :smoking:

16. When I was younger I wanted to change my name to Alex

Mainly because it had an X

17. i was named after my grandpa, and my one uncle also has the same name (we also share a birthday lol). i didn't like my name as a kid, but i dont really care about it anymore.

my last name, though, has pissed me off since i was a kid. whether its teachers/friends/employers not being able to spell it right (its really simple honestly), or fucking telemarketers/teachers/everyone pronouncing it wrong. my fucking boss can't even spell it right. 

18. I'm pretty sure that Andrew means masculine, so you've gotta dig it.

As long as I've lived, and apart from nicknames, I've been Andy. Andrew has always been one of the most popular names going, but I've always been satisfied as Andy. Really, the only people who call me by that name regularly are women. To the boys, I'm Row. Much of my family still call me Junior. A select few lucky ladies have repeatedly called me "Oh, God!"

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but the cards I've been dealt are just dandy.

Fuck, and speaking of dandy. Andy rhymes with everything. Do you know how much that sucked as a child? 

19. I don't love my name but I guess I don't hate it either. It's really common so it leads to some awkwardness when you hear someone call your name and turn ready to get someone and no one was even thinking about you...
    I have alot of really cool nicknames though, some based off my real name, others just random but still cool. A little girl i watch can't pronounce A(lexi)s so she calls me Ashley and I just go with it.
    I'm an artsy person so I kinda wish my name reflected it, I have an alias I use often that I debate someday changing my name to. Idk that I ever will even though I got my name out of spite technically =/ oh well. Oh and I like that my name is unisex.

20. Yeah, I love my name, it's fucking sexy :smoke: