Do you like twitter?

Discussion in 'General' started by budsmokn420, Mar 7, 2013.

1. in my opinion twitter should be more for companies, and for celebrities.
    the actual posters that is.

i think normal civilians benefit from being followers because they stay up to date with celebs and companie advertisements.

but i just dont see why someone would post their day to day activities on a news feed. and have a few friends, and a bunch of people who dont even know them follow it.

when they can just do that on facebook.

idk im not a twitter person, i got one, but i only get on maybe once every 2 months

2. ^^ What was the main purpose of starting Twitter in the first place? I tried following celebrities then they released every single mundane details that was just boring, nothing insightful, observant but it might be the wrong group but Idk most of the places that I lay are on forums.

3. GC is the only necessary form of social media.

4. I don't even know what twitter is. Hahaha, I gather it's some sort of social media where people are able to stalk your every move and you can feel like your shitty life is worth something.

"Got my period!#notpregnant#yolo"

Idk if that's right, but that's what I envision.

5. ^^ Bitches be revealing too much of their info sorta like a diary, I know a girl that does this on FB but yet she cries like Angelica when people call her on it. Shouldn't be writing all that shit.

6. See, I like my Facebook, but I usually only update my status to let my extended family know I'm being a good girl.

I have aunts, uncle, great aunts, my grandma (her statuses about hating obama cracked me up), my dad (let's us know when his band is playing), my mom (FarmVille 'nuff said) and my sisters (one posts about my niece and nephew, the other is a drama queen).

I basically keep in touch with them so I don't have to call all the time... and I have a few GC'ers on there to keep in touch with them.

7. Fuck no. Waste of time

8. ^^ LOL I guess your family doesn't know how sexual your GC posts lol :D

9. [quote name='"SmokeyH"']Grasscity is the only legitimate social networking site. All others are false prophets[/quote]

Tis true

10. I don't know anyone irl on here though...everyone's anonymous. It's definitely different

11. Who did you follow? Basically everyone's on twitter now so you can just follow the people that you actually enjoy like bands, sports players, etc

12. Yes I do. It's a great networking tool. I've gotten some of my favorite artists to follow me/talk to me because of twitter (for example the guy in my sig).

If you're not really a social networking person I could see why you think it's stupid or useless but since I am one I love it!

I do admit it goes take a bit of getting used to at first.

13. I like it that way.

Agreed. When used as a tool, social networking has enormous potential. Otherwise, its pretty much narcissism.

14. Ignorant if you DON'T like Twitter because there's so many useful things you can use it for. People say it's for losers seeking attention, but that's simply not true. I follow all sports writers and analysts so I keep up to date on my sports shit. Other people follow politicians or scientists etc... You can actually learn things from twitter unlike Facebook which is useless.

15. Yep.

I mean I'm SURE some people use it for attention, but it can be a pretty useful tool. Besides following favorite artists and celebrities, I like to follow positive quotes, uberfacts, etc. They are constantly tweeting really interesting facts and positive self-help quotes :) I love it.

16. Bullshit, I learn all kinds of shit from Facebook.

I follow Tard and I follow "I fucking love science" and this lifehacks thing. I also follow Norml and the women's Norml.

17. i did.. still going strong lol. i hope the twitter, uh, privacy dudes do something

18. Honestly, I would print screen all of those harassing tweets and if you really feel like your life is in danger call the police and show them that. That is harassment and threatening, they will deal with him.

19. Yea that sucks I would take ^ her advice.

People just need to learn how to use twitter in a productive way. Of course there's gonna be immature people that use twitter for attention or to be annoying or whatever. I don't have any friends like that though so it's not a problem. The worst it gets is ill start following like this girl I met at a party or something and she's annoying as fuck then I just unfollow lol

20. Yea exactly same thing but with twitter. I used to use Facebook all the time but then everyone in my circle abandoned it and went with twitter lol

I stuck around with Facebook for the longest time but no one used it so it kinda got old. I eventually converted