Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mister Wiggles, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Their early work was a little too New Wave for my taste, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

2. I have a feeling you also enjoy Whitney Houston.

By the way, do you have a dog? Like a uhh little chow, or something?

3. I have to return some video tapes.

4. GUYS, HE'S GOING TO KILL US! RUN!!!

:hide:

5. Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds.But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

6. Is this just the "quote American Psycho thread"? :p

7. Whats american Psycho? I was just sharing my thoughts on music

8. You sit on a throne of lies.

9. Perhaps the two of you should compare business cards.

10. that my friend is by far the most insanely idiotic thing i have ever read in my life. At no point in your rambling, incoherent, response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this chatroom is now dumber for having read it. may god have mercy on your soul.

11. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Am I doing this right?

12. I seen huey lewis and the news live when i was like 10 or 11 , 88mph

13. You shut your mouth when your talking to me....

14. I just tried shoving a cat into an ATM