do you like being labeled a stoner?

Discussion in 'General' started by HerbIsGood, May 22, 2009.

1. I dont.

I hate when acquaintances and random people call me a stoner or hippie. It makes me feel like I'm a stupid, irresponsible fuck who does nothing but sit on his lazy ass and smoke pot all day. Does nothing but think about pot and has his life revolve around pot. I hate the stereotype. Can't even join a convo w/out somebody pulling some lame stoner joke about how much you love weed or etc.

It gets rather annoying. I'd rather be seen as the intellectual being that I consider myself rather than a stupid stoner who does nothing with his time but smoke pot and devise new ways to create home-made bongs.

2. to be honest, i dont like it

but no one ever calls me that

3. #3 terradactyl, May 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
    them:"youre a stoner"

me:"dammmmn muthafucking straight i am, tryna burn?? ;)"

and yeah, what zypro said goes for me too.. yup ima burner but lets talk about something intellectual and ill run laps around youu

4. I don't give half a shit what people think of me. Call me a stoner all you want, I guaran-fuckin-tee I'm smarter than your dumb ass :smoking:

5. I don't like being "labeled" as a stoner but um not gonna announce that I smoke weed, If some one talks to be about it casually and I think they are a cool person then ill let them know whats up.

6. alot of people call me a hippie an a stoner,but i couldnt give 2 shits cause i am a hippie an a stoner

7. Well its true that im a stoner so i dont mind people calling me that

8. Actually now that I think about it, I don't think anybody's really labeled me anything. Rather than being called a stoner, some people don't like me because I use proper English, grammar, punctuation, etc. Even in person, I use "college words." Some people get annoyed at it, which I guess is better than they think I'm a dumbass :p I just laugh at people who think those who smoke are dumb, when I know myself and the other "stoner" I talked to in my Chem class were one of about 10 who got a B or A in our Chem class :hello: Lol, fuckin retards are dumber than they think we stoners are....

9. At work you would never guess I smoke weed.

But outside of work you can definately tell.. i change my persona completely at work because they drug test and its a big car dealership

10. i don't really care.

if they say it in a condescending way, i'll defend myself... depending on the situation.
    otherwise, i don't care. whatever you get your kicks from...

11. Well thats what I mean. If people label you in a discriminating way then it gets on my nerves. Like I don't like to be marked as this rebel druggie just because I have long hair and wear the occassional tie-dye shirt ya know?

Why do people label anyway?

12. I am a stoner. So it doesn't bother me when im called one.

But like Jaded said im not going to let anyone lay a superiority trip on me because of it.

13. no. i am in no way related to other stoners. we are not the same people. herb does not make you the same person, only emphasizes the person own qualities

14. Some anti-drug bitches last year called me a stoner in a derogatory way... that pissed me off. other wise, no it doesnt really bother me at all. i like what i do :smoke:

15. if someone is calling me names i wont waste my time talking to them anyway.

16. I don't mind, unless the person doesn't burn and they say it with a negative connotation....That upsets me, especially if that person turns around and starts drinking themselves into a coma.

17. in high school it was annoying.

but now that i'm a adult i don't care. "proud to be a stoner"

18. It depends on the context... the intentions of the person saying it.

There's a difference between, "You're just a stoner" and "He's cool, he's a stoner."

And it's not really the individual ego that hurts when stoner is used derogatively, but rather the fact that it is an unnecessary division that kills understanding and disturbs harmony.

19. i guess stoner is better than "pothead" but, not to sound conceited i am a very intellectual person who can probably run laps around most people when it comes to brains

20. I dont give a shit, as long as Im just layed back with everyone I meet, nomatter who they are, people realize that wow this long haired colored kid who sags his pants isnt that bad of a guy. Infact I hope they assume I smoke ganja cuz judging by the way I act, my personality, my attitude, (i dont mean to brag) but Im the type of stoner that sets a good image towards us potheads.