Do you know you're addicted to weed?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by downtosesh, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ya i feel you i cant imagine not blazing almost every day. however a couple years ago when i was 17 i had to quit for a month for a court drug test and i was able to, so i feel like if i really needed to quit i could.

2. [quote name='"Bobby Blendz"']

I meant dependent on something you don't "need" for survival, people don't take insulin because they are fiending for it they take it so they can eat more normally and be healthy.. I don't really care if my definition flies with you :)

If people can be addicted to gambling and sex I can be addicted to weed, don't worry about my definition or who it "flies" with[/quote]

Evidently *you* don't know who you are being disrespectful to. (In my Kevin Hart voice) *You gonn learn today!!*

3. [quote name='"Americandutchyz"']What I mean by psychologically addicted is that you get used to the lifestyle. Its like anything else. If you work out every day for say 6 years (how long I've been smoking habitually) than you wouldn't want to stop, because your used to it, its become part of your life. In that same way weed has become part of mine.

I'm stopping this year though, to join the marine corps, so I won't be able to smoke up for a good 8-20 years lol one hell of a T-break huh :laughing:[/quote]

This I can agree with this for the Recreational smokers. And to an extent the mmj. We like not feeling like shit!

4. #24 zeroshawdow, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    I'm an addict in recovery for cigarettes, but ADDICTED to MMJ, if that the label I have to wear. That's the label society put on us. I quit smoking cigarettes 3 year 3 months and 13 days ago. I can proudly say, I have never had a relapse. At the same time I will tell you I suppressed my nicotine addiction with Marijuana and happy that I did. Funny thing is this one. I remember my cigarette smoking days, I couldn't go a full day without smoking no less than 5 cigs, I just couldn't go without smoke . With Marijuana I can go days and no problem. In addition I still remember what I told my wife when I was cigarette smoker. If I could manufacture my own cigarettes I would. 8 years later here I'm manufacturing my own addiction, MMJ.

But let me ask you this. What's wrong in having an addiction to MJ ? If you can grow your Own Medicine, Herb, Smoke ... what ever you want it call it and What is so wrong in using something that have been helping humankind for the past 5,000 years (That's what we have evidence, it could go far back) not like an Alcohol which is man made and chemically processed.

Now, what is so wrong about the word addiction ? Because we humans are addicted to anything that brings pleasure to us, that's fact. Some find their pleasure fix at church, some eating, some working out, some traveling, some just doing absolutely nothing. However if your addiction do not interfere with your life and having a productive and responsible life, so call me ADDICTED.

For example, Let's take a eating addiction. When it becomes a problem ? When ever you stop with your responsibilities as an adult and your health is at risk, but if you like to eat and like to work out nobody says you are addicted, you are labeled as someone that eats a lot but never gets fat and that's call BALANCE in LIFE. We need to start showing the society, we could be addicted to something that is less harmful than SUGAR CANE and PEANUTS and be responsible about it. I know I'm.

Just tells us why is so bad being addicted to MMJ, can someone list at least 5 things why is bad being addicted to MJ ? Of all the negative aspect that comes to my mind, all of them are HUMAN ERROR, people who are going to act like ass and irresponsible with or without addiction to MJ.

Since I know my audience:

5 Things harmful

You say, I say;

Smoking is harmful - Vaporize, Tinctures and Edibles "NEXT"

Makes you stupid - DON'T ACT LIKE ONE, is your choice.

Makes me forget stuff - I agree some Strains are more Potent than other ones, use the memory loss at the end of the day, when you have no responsibilities, if you use it in the middle of your production day, you screw all of us.

Kills Brain cells - Over 30,000 papers are as today of the benefits of MMJ, none of them state damage to brain cells. our human brain have THC and CBD receptor. Therefore THC and CBD are present in our system at very low levels.

Cause Lung Cancer - Hahahahhahahaha, you all know the answer to that ....

Ok, haters bring it !

5. #25 FallenOne08214, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    Yeah, when I quit, I usually can't eat or sleep right for a few days to a week. Probably cause for 2 years, I've been high all day every day. Tired by evening. Massive appetite and eating random food all day. As far as hardcore addiction, I wouldn't say so. Other than those effects, I can drop it for long periods of time. Started a break last Thursday. Side effects stopped today and I really don't miss weed. But better believe I'm tokin up in a week or 2.

6. I asked myself this same question yesterday... I still don't have the answer; and that's because I'm still high right now lol. I guess that's my answer for me :smoking:.

7. [quote name='"zoomme"']

Evidently *you* don't know who you are being disrespectful to. (In my Kevin Hart voice) *You gonn learn today!!*[/quote]

I know who she is, and didn't disrespect anyone, just defended my position. If she wants to take it in a disrespectful way then let her but you don't really have anything to do with it

8. I'm addicted to sex, weed, and parties. God help me

9. [quote name='"Bobby Blendz"']

I know who she is, and didn't disrespect anyone, just defended my position. If she wants to take it in a disrespectful way then let her but you don't really have anything to do with it[/quote]

Aren't you a gem! Good luck... You'll need it!

10. I'd say it can become a habit not really addicting, but theres always a counter argument. I was smoking everyday for 6 months and i just decided to take a couple week t break. I feel fine.

11. I guess that might be true for some people but when you smoke weed all the time, quit and feel whatever withdrawal effects you feel for a week or so (very minor IMO way less than caffeine) and then you feel normal, it wouldn't be this deficiency. Unless once you stop smoking and the withdrawal effects last forever?

12. Definitely not addicted.

Im on a tbreak right now, started last saturday, the 10th.

Only physical withdrawls are lack of appetite and its hard as fuck to fall asleep plus I wake up randomly because of my insomnia.

Other than that, nah, its all in your head. Your mind thinks it "needs" to smoke because of the pleasurable feeling and relaxation.

Fuck I wish I could toke right now and make my back pains get the hell out of here, they're killin' me.

13. The whole purpose of weed is to help with those problems, may I ask you, why are you on break ?

The only break I take is when I go to sleep. I've been smoking non-stop since 2008, therefore learned how to grow it.

14. Im outta town at the moment, and I chose not to go try and find a pickup.

My back pains are fuckin horrendous though startin to piss me off. Can't wait till I get back and smoke some nice herb.

15. I understand and feel your pain, hope you can get some herb anyway any how, maybe somebody help you out over there.

Peace