Do you know you're addicted to weed?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by downtosesh, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I do, lol.. Awkward. I try quitting all the time, but never do for long.

2. [quote name='"downtosesh"']I do, lol.. Awkward. I try quitting all the time, but never do for long.[/quote]

I feel ya, I don't want to quit, but if there is ever a time in my life where I needed to, at this point I believe I could do it but with the certain "withdrawal" effects of weed, which are totally different from the withdrawal effects of other drugs.

3. Thats like saying im addicted to orgasms! XD orgasms make you feel good and you like to feel good. Weed makes you fel good, you like to fel good. Am i addicted to orgasms? o.o

4. It's all mental.. Coming from a 6 year smoker 3 years daily (3-5x) and stopped cold turkey.. Sunday will be one month and counting.

5. I see what you did there :smoke:

6. Yeah I know I'm psychologically addicted, however I also know that I have the willpower to stop when I need/want to, and have proven that before.

7. I haven't smoked since Saturday so I don't consider myself "addicted" since I can easily quit for a period of time when I need to.

8. [quote name='"noidea24"']Thats like saying im addicted to orgasms! XD orgasms make you feel good and you like to feel good. Weed makes you fel good, you like to fel good. Am i addicted to orgasms? o.o[/quote]

Addicted to pleasure

9. yea i am. once you get out of denile its alot better. i love being high but i can quit if i needed to and frankly i do not

10. This thread is gonna turn into "weed is just a plant it's impossible to become addicted"

11. those people will lose

hey granny :wave:

12. Ever consider that you are not addicted, but are instead you have Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency? Your body makes chemicals similar to THC and CBD- so similar that your body can use THC and CBD as a substitute for your own healing anandamide and 2-AG! (this is why cannabis heals!)

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004) Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD)

Not Feeling Well? Perhaps You're 'Marijuana Deficient' (news – 2010)
    Not Feeling Well? Perhaps You're 'Marijuana Deficient' | Personal Health | AlterNet

Many folks are no more "addicted" to cannabis, than a diabetic is addicted to insulin! They just need it for normal bodily functioning! :eek:

And take your Omega 3 to keep your endocannabinoid system (ECS) healthy and strong (and after a month or two of use, you'll start getting higher as your ECS heals :smoke: )!

Granny :wave:

13. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Ever consider that you are not addicted, but are instead you have Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency? Your body makes chemicals similar to THC and CBD- so similar that your body can use THC and CBD as a substitute for your own healing anandamide and 2-AG! (this is why cannabis heals!)

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004) Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (CECD)

Not Feeling Well? Perhaps You're 'Marijuana Deficient' (news – 2010)
    Not Feeling Well? Perhaps You're 'Marijuana Deficient' | Personal Health | AlterNet

Many folks are no more "addicted" to cannabis, than a diabetic is addicted to insulin! They just need it for normal bodily functioning! :eek:

And take your Omega 3 to keep your endocannabinoid system (ECS) healthy and strong (and after a month or two of use, you'll start getting higher as your ECS heals :smoke: )!

Granny :wave:[/quote]

My understanding of addiction is to be dependent on an outside substance, so if weed were making up for chemicals in my brain and making me rely on them then I would still consider it an addiction. But the definition of addiction can be very subjective.. Personally, I'm addicted to weed! If others aren't affected like that congrats!

14. If it prevented me from functioning or got in the way of my responsibilities I would agree there is an addiction. That's not the case though and while I'm a daily smoker there are times when days go by and I don't spark. If I needed to stop indefinitely I would be able to.

15. Then by your definition, Bobby, diabetics are "insulin addicts", and I am a "thyroid addict" and we are all "food and water" addicts! Hon, I don't think that definition is going to "fly" with most folks!

16. Addiction-: compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (as heroin, nicotine, or alcohol) characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; broadly : persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful (taken from merriam webster)

17. What I mean by psychologically addicted is that you get used to the lifestyle. Its like anything else. If you work out every day for say 6 years (how long I've been smoking habitually) than you wouldn't want to stop, because your used to it, its become part of your life. In that same way weed has become part of mine.

I'm stopping this year though, to join the marine corps, so I won't be able to smoke up for a good 8-20 years lol one hell of a T-break huh :laughing:

18. I was addicted hahahaha. Not physically but mentally, Well a little physically cause if i wasn't high when i went to bed it would take me like 3 hours to get to sleep.

I broke this cycle like 2 weeks ago though lol, I was sitting outside smoking with friends and my bowl that my mom got me for christmas rolled off my lap and broke. I lost my smoking spirit lol, havn't touched weed since. I actually turned down bong hits the other night at my bros house lol

19. I am by no means addicted...

I never feel addictive traits because I never run out ;) haha

20. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']Then by your definition, Bobby, diabetics are "insulin addicts", and I am a "thyroid addict" and we are all "food and water" addicts! Hon, I don't think that definition is going to "fly" with most folks![/quote]

I meant dependent on something you don't "need" for survival, people don't take insulin because they are fiending for it they take it so they can eat more normally and be healthy.. I don't really care if my definition flies with you :)

If people can be addicted to gambling and sex I can be addicted to weed, don't worry about my definition or who it "flies" with