Do You Have To Love Your Family?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Buddha_Man, Jul 27, 2014.

1. #1 Buddha_Man, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    I love my family in the sense that they are, well, my family. But most of them are just so annoying and fake. Everything is about money to them and their idea of a good life is fucking bogus man.

They basically get their idea of life from the TV. Shitty food is good. Need new car every 6 months. Listen to shit music. Etc.

When I try to help these people they call me crazy. Ignorant minds.

2. Maybe they don't want to be helped.

Nobody is forcing you to love them, but it sure makes life more pleasant when you do.

3. They are just a super buzzkill man

4. funny thing about people, no matter how crazy, ignorant or just plain fucked up they are, they never see themselves as broken or having problems like that. as far as "loving" your family goes, it is my opinion that as long as you respect them for the relationship that they have with you and you with them, no you dont need to "love" them. my family is really fucked up too and in some of the ways that you posted. i can honestly say that i dont love all of my family because of the people that they are and the fucked up state they leave the world around them in. i do respect them for their ties to me, i answer the phone most of the time they call and i try to talk to them at least 1 time a month or so. i dont loan them money or let them borrow anything of mine for obvious reasons.

i think a really good reason to not burn bridges with your fucked up family members is that you never know when they will turn their life around and start doing the right thing. my door is allways open to them....its just that i gaurd that door at all times and dont give them the oppertunity to fuck me over.

5. I don't love my family.  :confused_2:

6. I understand what you mean. My family never related to me. Not even in the slightest. To the point where conversations would continually aggravate me, because of how clueless and stereotypical their arguements are. Not even funny.

7. #7 The Stud, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    -

8. Welcome to the matrix neo, you have been put in a special position where you can see what is happening and now it's up to you whether you snap them out of it or let them be and whither away with the world....

I think you should talk sense to them and if they don't want to listen just move on, you don't have to love your family because they are their own soul and own person You come to this world alone and you leave alone there are no ties in the spiritual world like we have here, but remember your family are the only people in this world who will back you up

¡satan has tricked the world into thinking he does not exist!

9. I'm lucky to have a pretty down to earth family on both sides. It isn't perfect, but at the end of the day, you just have to accept people for what they are.

10. Families are buzzkills man, but my parents raised me and supported me for my first 20 fuckin' years on this earth, i sure as hell ain't gonna start hating on them now!

I mean yeah parents and siblings can be annoying as shit, but nowhere near as annoying as stupid people IME. If you cant accept family, you can never accept life in general, the world.
    A few of my family members are even really chill, smoke herb and shit, and i usually smoke with them at least once a week.

At the end of the day, I got their back and they got mine and that's why i will always have love and respect for my family. And i'm grateful to be blessed with a family that i can stand to be around..so many aren't that fortunate.

11. you must love your family, that doesnt mean you have to like them. 

i love my sister.  would defend her to the end of time. but i dont necessarily like her. she's made some really stupid decisions in her life so far. but she's only 24 so i suppose she has time to get her shit together. my love for her makes me believe she can do right.

12. Love should be a mutual experience. If one must force themselves to "love" another then they are not truly capable of love or there is a reason they do not possess that emotion. If your family is distant, abusive, does not treat you as an equal, disowns you, or simply does not reciprocate affection then they are clearly not loving you. You are not obligated to love anyone, and it is actually counterproductive and harmful to attempt to love those that are not capable or do not wish to be open emotionally.

13. #14 invinciblejets, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
    Welcome to America op you just described our general population but none the less love your fam bro

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

14. Preciate the advice dawgs

15. I hate 99% of my family. They're immature and childish

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Leave them alone and you will be better off

17. My family is awesome. We all want to eat healthy and organic, my family actually sometimes doesn't watch main stream media for weeks, and I wouldn't say I never loved them but I can say there have been times I got irritated with them but I will always love my family and protect and help in any way.
    But to answer your question, no you don't have to love your family, think about the kids who get kicked out, the fathers who left their kids, the siblings that actually throw punches and hate each other.
    IMO people in general need to show more compassion for one another. We live in a world of hate and violence. If we all just started being more friendly towards each other and showed more peacefulness then maybe love and passion would spread and help change the world.