Do You Have To Germinate Auto-Flowering Seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by manofthehour123, Jun 10, 2014.

1. I'm very new when it comes to growing, I bought auto jack feminized seeds and when straight to planting without germinating, is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Just keep the spot where you planted the seed moist and it should sprout in 3-5 days. Next time just germ the seed first. That way you will know if the seed is viable.

3. Ok, does it need light yet or only when it sprouts?

4. not til it sprouts, but i like to keep a weak cfl on it after ive germinated it and planted it into a medium so as soon as it sprouts it can begin photosenthesis.

5. Ok, I currently have a weak cfl on it, I'm thinking about moving It outside once it sprouts, my only concern is it getting to much rain at one time I have a lot of plants in my yard so I think it will hide pretty easily back there.

6. k but take it outside in increments man,, the sun is pretty damn strong out there, plus the heat.. also the rain.. i'd keep it as close as possible to that cfl until it gets its first real node then do in/out technique to "harden" the plant before putting into the weather conditions at about 6" tall.

7. Ok well in that case maybe I will just keep it indoors, what wattage of cfl do you recommend? I only plan on doing one plant at a time so do I only need one bulb?

8. #8 leodicapario, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    dude i wouldnt reccommend you ever use a cfl for a full grow.... metal halide veg/ high pressure sodium flower. HID ballast and i'd use 400 watts... just because thats what ive used and i know you could prob grow them both under it at the same time... check out http://www.htgsupply.com/Default 

This is the lamp i use... $164 on there, i bought mine from a friend for 75 cash lol..
    http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTGSupply-Ultimate-400w-HPS-&-MH-Grow-Light

9. the ceramic metal halide ballast i belive can be used thru vegetive and flowering stages... its 190 bucks or so tho...

10. Hmm, i will have to go buy a good light, could save me money down the road. It has even day 4 and still have no sign of life. Is it possible to have the seed to deep into the soil?

11. i usually never plant deeper than the tip of my pinky half-3/4 inch, then dont pack the dirt just lay some on top and water... keep soil moist i'd hit it ever other day wit a spritzer of water, works great, but if not use your hand to sprinkle the water on... if you planted an inch down it should still come up... if you dont want to wait and take a chance of killing it, ONLY if you have a general idea of where it is/ how deep it is, dig some of the dirt off that you put on top of it when you planted..

12. I should have asked all of these questions before I planted the seed. I planted it about 2 inches down so I'm thinking I will remove some dirt off the top. I appreciate the help man, I'm sure I will have more questions as the grow goes on. If it doesn't sprout after a week would it be safe to say it's not going to?