Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you guys think its a cop?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by nuggg, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Hello everyone!

I moved to this state, wedd is not legal here, but not a crime for possession - as far as I know it is usually a ticket. I don't know anyone except few people (non smokers  :cry:). I posted an ad on Craiglist that I'm looking for dank 420 stuff. Plenty of people replied, but most of them seemed to be ghetto or sketchy to me - slang which I couldn't even understand, trying to sell an Oz. on the first meeting or weird spots to meet up. This one guy seemed to be legit though. He just wanted to meet up first time to chat and smoke some. The bad thing is that I actually didn't pay attention if he was inhaling or not. He also gave me samples of 2 strains which he had. I got to say this stuff was really good. He didn't charge me anything for it though. 

So I set up a meeting with this guy today and I'm kinda freaking out that this dude might be a cop setting up something on me. Maybe I'm a little bit paranoid, but I figured I'll ask you guys about your opinions. 

2. Hmm that's scketchy for sure you say you met him what kinda guy is he did he look like a stoner?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

3. Well I got to say he kinda did. He had kinda greasy hair too. Also his car was a freaking mess.

4. I don't think under cover cops are going to smoke you up. If anything it sounds like he was making sure you weren't a cop. 

5. It sounds sketchy to me. Since you met him on craigslist you have every right to be concerned. Cops are definitely trolling that site for any crimes they can catch. You made yourself an easy target and nothing you mentioned says this guy isn't a cop. Undercover cops or informants can look dirty, sell you drugs, do the drugs themselves and everything in between. I know it sounds like entrapment, but it still happens.

If you're worried then don't go through with it. If you feel like gambling with this guy then know that you have everything to lose and not much to gain. 

6. In general, cops don't set up elaborate stings to catch people trying to buy small quantities or smoke a little weed. Those are arrests of opportunity or a result of complaints.

Where I am, they'll observe groups of people for a year or more to catch dealers - either big ones or people who deal small amounts on a regular basis. Then, they'll bust like 20, 30 or more people across several counties/cities at once.

I agree - dude was probably just trying to make sure you're not a cop. But, if you're not feeling good about it, trust your gut & pass.

Plus, I've never heard of cops giving weed away - just buying it.

7. Sounds legit as hell man.  Smoke it up, sounds like a real good connect.  I don't know where people are getting these sketch vibes from.  That's perfect business practice on his end.

8. Lol yeah - Even when they sell it for a sting they have to make the arrest soon there after. They have to prevent it "from hitting the streets". 

9. Dude if he smoked with you, you are fine.

10. I doubt a cop would go through all that effort just to slap you with a $100 ticket.  If he does take him to court and let them know the cop was partaking in the smoking.  If they do not believe you request a drug test.

11. Thank you guys for your sharing your opinions with me! If there is anyone else who would share thoughts with me, please do!

I'm thinking about going to see with this guy after reeding responses on this thread.

12. hey man it sounds totally legit lol a cop wouldn't smoke with you it seems that he gave you free weed to let you taste the product 😉.
    I say go through with it.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

13. #13 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014

I know from personal experence that's not true.

14. #15 Old School Smoker, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Ok I admit it. It's me. I am trying to set you up to get busted. I'll get you eventually MWAHAHAHA!!!

Fear me.

Ok, all BS aside. I would not trust anyone that responds to a CL ad like that unless i want to get my ass beat or ripped off or both. Be wary of the "sketchy places" that they suggest. Good luck!

15. Yeah if anything be worried about getting robbed op

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

16. #17 nuggg, Nov 26, 2014
    I actually met up with him at the place I chose. Also the next meeting is supposed to be at the spot I choose. BTW I'm not that much afraid of getting my ass beaten. I would be more worried about getting my ass beaten if I would be the guy who's trying to mess with me this way.

Could you share more details about it?

18. #19 vitalvoid, Nov 26, 2014
    When it comes to law enforcement there aren't many rules that they have to play by. My old roommate was busted buying two oz from a CI. They didn't charge him with much because they said they were targeting counterfeit money and suspected him (obviously they were wrong). They literally sold him weed, he brought it home and smoked out of the bag and was busted several hours later. Plenty of that bag was missing when they recovered it and it was one of the more effed up busts I've heard of. 

I live in NY and could supply plenty of other low level absurd bust stories. Let us know how you make out, good luck!

19. if he smoked, hes not a cop cops are allowed to lie if it helps the crime be solved but its under 0 tolerence acts to use spedual 2 drugs accoording to canadain laws, not sure about the us but yeah, if he smokes hes not a cop