Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you guys still cough?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PeacefulStoner, Jan 14, 2012.

1. This might sound like a dumb question, but some people look at coughing as a beginner thing.

I've been smoking for years and i still cough a lot when i get a good hit.

2. We all still do, if the bud is dank enough.

3. dart hackers cough a lot kind of funny....ha:smoke:

4. lol yeah man, bong hits make you cough your ass off if you hit it right... well y'know.. we smokin that cough-fit causin' dank :p

5. No I never really cough unless I laugh half way through inhaling or something like that and irritates my throat.

6. Yea the good weed will have coughing like a little girl, but that shit will have you completely STONED!

7. whenever i smoke some really dank shit i still cough, or if i'm super blowed out and i'm hittin a bong

8. Seems to me that the first hit is always harsher.

9. toke til you choke!

10. I been smokin a long ass time and I choke every now and then when I pack too much tobacco in the bottom of my bowl. Its not a cough though, it's the fact that when I cream a hit and my uvula gets coated with rez it triggers my gag reflex and I hack and gag. It sounds completely disgusting when it happens, which is why I try to only pack what I know I can take.

You can often tell a new smoker, even if they're really low key, that they just started recently because they'll pack hits way too big for them to take, and they'll sound like they're havin an asthma attack.

11. Yes - I take it as a sign my lungs are continuing to work and going "WTF ARE YOU PUTTING SMOKE IN ME YOU DUMBASS!!!!"

12. I smoke straight weed in bowls. Only good weed. I still cough sometimes.

13. Yeah I tend to cough on real good nug, also on a huge rip off a bong.

14. I rarely cough and I smoke bad ass high grade. I do cough on rare occasions, i don't think it's a beginner thing.

15. Yeah, I agree. I sort of have a "cough reflex" ... like smoke can hit this place in the back of my mouth before I'm about to inhale it that makes me feel like I want to cough. It's mostly psychological for me though, so I find if I just take the hit and hold my breath for like a second or two the urge goes away.

No shame in coughing though. I've heard a million times that it gets you "higher" because it shakes stuff around in your lungs. I'm kind of skeptical about that, because it's really hard to do a side by side comparison of coughing / not coughing with equal hits :)D) but still...

I find that if I switch from vaping to smoking one night that also makes me more prone to coughing than if I'd been smoking a couple nights in a row.

16. THIS. People aren't going to give you an evil stare for taking a small hit, but they definitely WILL if you take a bigass hit and let half of the stuff waft out of the bong/pipe after you've dropped it on the ground and are doubled over on the sofa. If I'm smoking with other people, I only take hits I know I can handle. If I want to take a bigass hit that'll make me cough, I only do it if I'm alone or if it's my weed and I'm willing to replace the stuff for somebody else that I couldn't take in. Stoner etiquette 101 LOL.

17. [quote name='"tyorke"']

No shame in coughing though. I've heard a million times that it gets you "higher" because it shakes stuff around in your lungs. I'm kind of skeptical about that, because it's really hard to do a side by side comparison of coughing / not coughing with equal hits :)D) but still...[/quote]

I think it's because coughing is kinda like giving your lung muscles a work out. There are tiny little pockets in your lungs that absorb the THC and if you stretch those out and flex them by coughing then technically they would take a little more smoke for the next few hits.

That's my theory.

I notice that if I do cough then I will break out into fits off coughing for the rest of the sesh, it doesn't bother me though. I'm always too fried to care, ha ha.

18. It definitely is a beginner thing yo. Unless one has smoked ciggs before hand, if you come into smoking weed with virgin lungs, you cough a lot more than an experienced toker. Some people handle it better than other, but its an irritant that your lungs aren't used to, and naturally your body wants to expell it from your body, ergo the cough. The more you smoke, the less you cough (after taking hits at least).
    It's the same as weight lifting, you have to build up the strength over time.

19. I smoke daily, and I cough every time I smoke, even when I vape. If you take a big hit, you'll cough, it's that simple.

20. Yeah.

I've had bud lately that seems to make everyone cough. Because it's that dank.