Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you forget..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KEMiKALZ, Jul 27, 2013.

1. So ive smoked heavily for about 3 months now nad im going on a t-break right now. But during this period i barely have any memories from. Whatsup?

2. Weed has an affect on your memory. For me ill usually forget what i was doing in the middle of something. This happens like twice a day.

3. I feel like this is a dispositional issue. I've never become more forgetful when I smoke or after I smoke. I believe that when you smoke, if you are predisposed to memory loss it might become an issue, though with those who do not, it is not an issue.

4. If I smoke consistently and constantly daily for 3+ months straight, my memory will be shot.

When I'm on a tolerance break, my memory is good.

When I'm high I just distinguish between what's important and not. I have a good memory regardless.

5. Honestly ive been smoking so long it doesnt affect me much. I mean dont get me wrong i stop in the middle of my sentence and all the time and say "i forgot" but ive always done that so it doesnt really matter lol

6. I think we all get some sort of memory loss, but it varies. I'm not too bad, usually really short term stuff like 'where did I put the lighter' or leaving shit on can be a problem, but I don't forget big stuff.

I remember one time I had to book a restaurant table for a group of friends and I was waiting on this one girl confirming a time. I waited for ages and thought fuck it I'm smoking. About ten minutes after toking up she texted me so I phoned the restaurant, made the booking and gave over my card details for a deposit. As soon as I hung hung up I was like 'did I actually make that call or imagine it?', so I phoned the restaurant back up to confirm I'd just called! It seemed pretty rational at the time, but they must have been like wtf is going on? They probably thought I'd given them a fake card number or something, but the money came out so I was obviously 'straight' enough to read out a 16-digit card number, but was still stoned enough to think I might not have made the call!

On the other hand though, I often remember small things in minute detail after being stoned. Like how I felt listening to a particular note in a song, or some weird though I had in perfect detail the next day.

The mind is a fascinating thing, and getting high only makes it more interesting if less easier to understand!

7. OP is a troll. He made a thread about only taking one hit when he smokes. He does not need a t-break and is definitely not a heavy toker.

8. i havnt had any memory affects from weed, guess its the luck of the draw

9. Im in college and now taking higher level courses and honestly if I smoke the day I learn something, I have trouble retaining the information I just learned. Doesn't help that as soon as class is over I would toke up haha. This semester I am cutting back to only toking on Saturday/Sunday where I have no classes (I gotz to be high for football on sunday...go bucs!) and maybe Monday night for MNF if my team is playing

10. #10 RamAbballah, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    Hang on. Are you trying to say you literally have no memories? Like you've actually lost three months worth of time? That's not at all normal. A little bad short-term memory doesn't cause you to lose huge chunks of your life. I don't believe this is true. At best, this is a huge exaggeration.

Although if it is somehow true, then I doubt it's the cannabis. You should go to the doctor.

11. Nah like i can remember bits and pieces but not like in detail at all. feels like i lived in a super haze all the time

12. nahhh you're just getting older, dont worry. ;) ;)

13. Then lay off the herbal treatments