Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you feel valid?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Chikn_nuggr, Mar 18, 2017.

?

Do you feel your reason for using medical cannabis is a valid reason?

1. Yes because...

2. No because...

3. Havent thought about it

4. My medical conditions are serious (cancer, seizures etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sometimes i cant help but to feel that my mental health issues arent a "valid" reason to use medical cannabis. anyone with similar feelings or even just thoughts on the subject?

2. Yes because life is a debilitating medical condition that medical cannabis helps make better. It's enough for me.

• Like Like x 10
  3. If you feel it helping you without the doctors new world medicine then you have your validation so don't feel guilty or bad or down in the gutter about your choice to use cannabis. It takes to much time and energy to feel down about a little something like that. Some times I smoke to stay calm. Some times I smoke to slow down. Some times I smoke to simply to get high. Valid reasons, maybe not in some one else's point of view but I don't let it bother me. Yes I have a thick skin some times, other times I'm a emotional titty baby but the point is, I know why I smoke and I don't feel bad about it and as long as you know why you do what you do, neither should you:)

• Like Like x 3
  4. I dont always feel like this but I have never tried traditional medicine. Well I did once but I wasnt on a schedule, and i didnt feel that it worked. I took it maybe 3 times.

5. POV/SOM. Point of View, as long as feeling cannabis working for you, then your pov is all that matters because other people's pov can really affect you and your State of Mind. You should never feel down about what you do and your state of mind should always be happy with your decisions kid. Be happy that your smoking for you and your health. Be happy that your doing your best to ride that unicorn to office everyday. there are so many things in this life to worry about and to stress over and this aint one of em. just take a deep breath and sit on the porch and kind of meditate:) take a quick couple of puffs and enjoy yourself:) its amazing what a little time of self reflection can do for you:)

• Like Like x 3
  6. thatw as like the best advice Ive gotten on this site lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AWE SHUCKS:) quit it, your going to make me blush lol I'm so blessed and happy I was able to be a lil firefly and shine a lil light for you:) you a cool person and don't deserve that weight on your shoulders. Stay Blessed and know YOUR LOVED:) Thank you for your time and kind words:) hey message me any time:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yes it helps.

Anxiety. Otherwise, I'd be put on a pill which hardly works and makes me feel like crap. Weed actually works 100x better than any prescription pill for anxiety for me. It does a damn good job.

Among some other things, i.e. when I feel any pain or stomach pain, weed always works best. I'd say it's valid. People pop tylenols and advils every time they start hurting. Why can't I blaze it? It's much healthier than tylenol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Galaxy420, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    I say Yes- because of the endocannabinoid system.. we found this homeostasis regulating endogenous lipid signalling system in our bodies as a result of mapping the bio-chemical pathways of the phytocannabinoids in cannabis as they move through our bodies. phytocannabinoids are biomimicry ligands that structurally activate trans cellular membrane phoshpholipids via calcium ion channels.. in other words it is safe but it depends on if you need upregulating or downregulating of your cb recpeptors. there are thousands of phytocannabinoid variations that can be tailored in cannabis to activate in you or deactivate signalling leading to homesostasis

edit- neurosciences as we know it today would not exist if we did not trace the cannabinoid pathways. that started neurosciences!

• Like Like x 2
  10. No becuase Jeff Sessions said so, and if I disagree he will have me hsuhevddbdvdveve

11. someone need to put an endocannabinoid book under that dudes pillow! sleep reading for wisdom and gain of the American people... then he Wakes up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. There have been studies that shown a lack of cannibinoids can cause depression and migraines and even fibromyalgia. Among some other things.

Like you said, it's part of a delicate balance of your body's systems. Just as you need to ensure you take enough of each vitamin and minerals, you need to make sure you have enough CBD. Some people naturally have higher levels and some have lower levels.

An imbalance of these levels will 100% offset something about you. It will offset your homeostasis.

• Like Like x 2
  13. just watching a vid talking about endocannabinoids that talked about eating correct proportions of omega 3 to 6, and 9 essential fatty acids to have enough Arachidonic acid available to synthesize endocannabinoids endogenously for cb receptor signalling on demand @ the receptor.. I think exogenous phytocannabinoids store in adipose tissue for release as needed during cb signalling function

14. I
    I think all of the negative talk on weed has me feeling bad too. Dude, last week my pastor went on a short rant talking about how weed was so damn terrible. Like fuck it feels like we did just go back a century when Dolan took office. Not even gonna go into how that shit affects the anxiety and depression, thats another subject for another time lol.

I have the chance to go to the cannabis cup in april, but this asshat sessions has me having second thoughts. i dont wanna go to jail :c

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have a feeling my depression is being caused by lack of upkeep with my health. I mean Im not incredibly unhealthy, i love fruits and veggies haha. my diet could definitely use more though. also im like 99% sure Im dehydrated. But its weird when you start getting fucked over from diet habits and then your body is like " yeah i need that but since youre being a dick Im not going to let you know anymore"
    I seldom get thirsty now. My body is my temple, I know. But its hard man.
    And then again my shitty diet can just be a side effect of depression and whats causing my depression could be a chemical imbalance. My dad has depression as well so this is also a likely reason. But i never went to that psych appointment so I'll never know what my lab results were. Pills are scary dude.

16. Yes, it has saved me numerous times.

17. Anti-pot crusaders often say the medical patients "just want to get high" as if that is a negative thing. Next time you're watching the boob tube, pay attention to ads for prescription drugs to treat a lot of common conditions like depression, impotence, arthritis, etc. At the end of the ads they list possible side effects like suicidal or violent thoughts, blindness, stroke, even death.

For weed you'd have to list euphoria, increased appetite, drowsiness, and excessive silliness. Somehow it's okay to take a drug that could possibly kill you, but not okay to smoke or use a plant for a number of ailments where the main side effect is feeling GREAT!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. For me this a tough question to answer. I got my card in Illinois because I have cancer. Actually 2 cancers. But one cancer diagnosis was 5 years ago and the other 4 years ago. Both appear to be in remission at this point. So I don't really know what medical weed is supposed to do for my cancer.

But I use it for depression and back pain. I've lived with back pain for 35 years. And a good indica is the first thing that's really helped outside of opioids.. And it was a huge help for my depression. It's great that I can have access to sativa for my depression and indica for my pain. And it's great to have the option of concentrates and even portable vape pens.

The problem of course is that Illinois doesn't recognize either depression or chronic pain as a qualifying condition. The second problem, of course, is the expense. It costs me at least $10 a day. I could get a month's worth of generic Norco or Vicodin for $10.

• Like Like x 1
  19. it has been termed that phytocannabinoids from the cannabis build or repair via their molecular influence allowing cellular homeostasis for the entire organism as a whole... your endogenous endocannabinoids do the same exact thing depending how much balanced omega 3 to 6 you eat and consume to add toy our body... also endocannabinoids synthesize on demand @ the cb receptor depending on how much arachidonic acid there is available for synthase...

20. Good replies guys!
    Now, how about loved ones? Are they for or against your medicinal usage of cannabis?

The only person that I deeply care about that currently knows about my usage is my boyfriend. He actually encourages it because he's seen firsthand how bad I can get sometimes. I just recently told my mother about my struggles with depression and she took it well. She asked how come I don't take the medication and I couldn't really answer her. As my reasons have been said to not be so common by my therapist. However it doesn't make me any less affraid. I'm mostly afraid of becoming addicted or becoming worse before getting better. The weight gain is not pleasant either, mine already fluctuates from my weird eating habits. I'm not sure if I want to tell her I'm using cannabis to combat both anxiety and depression.