Do You Feel Guilty?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannabird, Dec 14, 2017.

1. I am 52 and smoked heavy as a teen, medium in my twenties, quit for 20 years and started back up 2 year ago.

I have always had a lingering feeling of guilt and that I'm doing something I shouldn't. It's kind of a weird feeling as an adult. But it's like a stigma and illegal here still. It tends to curb my enjoyment of it at times.

My wife is aware and I don't hide my usage from her but she grew up very conservative. She's not a total prude, someone gave her some gummy worms 2 weeks ago and I didn't know it until she pulled them out and ate them. LOL. She tried smoking once with me but is not into the smoking aspect at all.

Do you ever feel guilty for toking up?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not one bit.

Now I used to feel that way years ago, but realized it's the brainwashing over the years that made me feel that way.
    "Just say no to drugs"
    "Weed is a gateway drug"
    "Potheads are lazy"
    Etc.

All of that is pure bullshiit.
    It's dried flowers from a plant.

I will say smoking anything is not good for you lungs, so to counteract that I switched to vaporizing.

I vape cannabis everyday and handle my business.

Cheers
    :vaping:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yea man I can't shake that. They got me good I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Not one bit. The things the government does and has the power to do and they (and anti-drug brainwashed useful idiots) want to look down on me for smoking a beautiful plant? They can suck both these nuts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Whenever I have a hit I feel baked and enjoy it. What is there to feel guilty about cannabird you sound like like a decent person and you sound like you have a very healthy relationship being honest about your marajuana usage lol

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Legality, judgement from others, hiding it from my my kid, it's "not adult like", general social stigma, religion, etc.

7. Legality =/= morality,
    subjective opinions from others are just that and shouldn't mean much
    I don't see the guilt in hiding something. I wouldn't take a shit in front of my kid if I had one either but there's still no shame in shitting,
    Ah the good old shaming tactic. Commonly used by people who can't produce a logical reason, akin to the ad hominem in a debate.
    That's only been improving for years! Society being the way it is, the last thing you should value is what "society" thinks if you want to stay sane in this day and age.
    This one always confuses me. Because no religion actually says smoking weed is "bad". Usually atheists are the ones who ignorantly try to use this as a point tbh.

Anyway just my opinion. Believe or feel whatever you want.

8. Let it go. Just research the reasons behind the government outlawing it. Classic crony capitalism! And there is nothing in the Bible against it. I believe it is like anything... it can be good or bad depending on how it is used! I look at it the same as I look at penicillin which is a medicine that comes directly from a plant. Many people use it for many different reasons but if it is treating something whether it be depression or pain or something along those lines or as a recreation to relax none of those things are wrong. And there's no reason for any government to regulate relaxation or medication except in that it assures safe delivery to those who need it. Any other government interference I believe to be immoral and unconstitutional

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

9. Legality is an issue many will agree in a lot of places I think weed should be legalised. I would like to grow it on a medical card if they have a system implimented like they do in california. I can't see the UK laws being that relaxed lol.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Yea I didn't say it's logical and I obviously don't want to feel that way. Good points.

I think part of it is a carry over from when I was a teenager and trying to not get caught all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I love weed.

12. Yeah I can understand that I guess it becomes kind of instinctual

13. Not for smoking, but random guilt comes and go.
    Usually when I smoke way too much.

14. I've never second-guessed any of my decisions...I regret nothing.:coolalt:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. It's me and I'm it
    No regrets

16. I don't regret it....just feel guilty at times.
    I would still do it again. LOL.
    This isn't an overwhelming thing or a big deal (I'm too old for that) just that little black cloud that pops up at times.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not at all it keeps me chill. :)

• Like Like x 1