Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you ever fear falling to the stoner stereotype?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by just one toke, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Now I'm not saying weed is bad but anything can be abused and can effect your lives.

Sometimes I'm afraid that my smoking is getting out of hand and that I'm gonna end up letting my life slip away, become lazy with my life and spend all my money on weed. It's not really something I worry about too much, but its always in the back of my head that I'm smoking too much, and its usually what keeps me from smoking more than about once a day or so. Anyone else like this? Of course the people that smoke all day don't fear this so how do you stay successful and productive in your life and continue to smoke all day? Is it because of the tolerance that you can handle being high all day and getting shit done? Lol

2. #2 shaddytheman, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    Gotta keep your priorities straight, and be responsible. I don't worry, Cannabis is one of my most valuable investments, which instills a fresh breath of air into my life. Ask yourself: Do I really smoke that much or am I just bugging out? As long as your life isn't in a wreck, continue puffing on the sacred herb, and live free. 

3. #3 SourFlowers69, Mar 6, 2014

I worry about the money part sometimes :p but i can smoke $50 or $100worth of weed in a day easily.

Weed isn't legal here just yet 

4. weed isnt going to make you do anything you dont intend to do. if all you ever want to do is sit around you wont have much of a life either way

5. #5 budBaas, Mar 6, 2014
    Cut back on smoking and get your life together. Your life is probably not in the best shape right now, otherwise you would not be asking yourself, " I am gonna be a unsuccessful loser/lazy stoner?"

Do all the things your sopposed to do and more. Then after, when you smoke, you will think more positive thoughts, rather than the ones you are having now

6. People that have self control don't worry about this at all. If you're known to be lazy, unintelligent, and lethargic. Then yeah, weed will make these habits worse. But if you are responsible, have some logic, and have self control, you'll be just fine. I've never found weed to make me lazy or apathetic. It really depends on what kind of person you are. I have found that getting high can be a waste of time when you have shit to do, so clear up your schedule before you toke, or do it when you have free time. If you got a school project or a test due tomorrow, you're obviously not gonna smoke.

7. Don't let your life revolve around weed, let weed revolve around your life

8. It's people like you who prove people wrong that weed makes you stupid. Glad there are smokers out there like you.

Sent from my Microwave using Grasscity App

9. No, it's just a plant; A plant should never control my life.

Sent from my island getaway.

10. I'm sick of the fucking guilty highs because of the way I was conditioned to think. I know one day I'll get over it but for now, fuck you DARE and all the anti-cannabis propaganda.

11. Staying busy and working cuts your usage greatly. Go to work, take care if business, and chief up. When you sit around all day all you wanna do is smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

DARE? Lol, I did that in like grade 6 (8 years ago), you couldn't possibly still be feeling conditioned to think in the way they taught, it was completely biased and anti-marijuana.

13. #14 knightofcydonia, Mar 6, 2014

A little humor never killed nobody ;)

14. THIS.

15. I only get guilty highs when I feel like I'm being happy while others are sad, or if I have an exam the next day but I just roasted a fat bowl lol.

16. Hardcore stoners tend to fall into two categories: "yeah, it doesn't surprise me that he/she smokes weed" and "WHAT!? They smoke weed? Wow, that surprised me." I fall into the latter, so no, it never bothers me.

17. I have a freind who smoked spice for over a year and it really gave me insight on what my weed situation is. I've seen somebody HOOKED where they HAD to have spice, and that made me realize how much control I really have over smoking bud. It's all in your head, man.

18. Yes, recently I've decided to smoke less because it's given me a reputation and I feel a bit pigeon holed into that description.  Like people will always ask if I'm high or talk about weed and it's ok on one hand because I do know a lot about it and can talk freely, but I also lament that this is may be all people see of me.

19. Whenevr that thought comes through my head, I tell myself to pack another bowl and to keep keeping it trill