Do you ever do this?

Discussion in 'General' started by torenxw, Dec 8, 2012.

1. I recently acquired some really shitty weed (it was free). It's full of stems and leaves. So what I've started doing is separating the calyxes from the rest of the plant and smoking them. I mean JUST the calyxes, each one separate from the other, as in, I have a bowl of single calyxes. I plan to use the stems and leaves for tea. Does anyone else do this?

2. If to get high, fine

3. What do you mean? The reason I'm doing it is because I don't want to smoke shitty weed, so I'm just pulling the good part out and recycling the bad part later. It does get me very high as well though. :smoking:

4. [quote name='"torenxw"']I recently acquired some really shitty weed (it was free). It's full of stems and leaves. So what I've started doing is separating the calyxes from the rest of the plant and smoking them. I mean JUST the calyxes, each one separate from the other, as in, I have a bowl of single calyxes. I plan to use the stems and leaves for tea. Does anyone else do this?[/quote]

What the fuck is a calyx?

5. If you dissect your weed, you'll mainly find four things. The pistils are the orange hairs. Their main purpose is to collect pollen and they don't really change the smoke, taste, THC content or anything else that involves you. Stems, are self explanatory. Leaves are basically anything that looks like a leaf. They usually do have some trichomes on them and will get you high, but because they have a high chlorophyll content, they make your weed taste bad and feel harsh to smoke. That leaves the calyx, which are all the little tear drop-shaped things. That's where most of the THC is. Smoking just the calyxes gets you really high, it's really smooth, and it doesn't have much taste, in my opinion. High quality weed has a lot of trichomes and a high calyx-to-leaf ratio.