Do you drink soft-drinks?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MaltedGrapez, Aug 4, 2009.

1. I was reading the boston globe this morning and in section g they had this big article about obesity in america and how a lot of it can be attributed to drinking stuff like coca-cola & pepsi. There are 17 teaspoons of sugar on average in each 20-oz soft-drink. 17 TEASPOONS!

So basically, do you drink soft-drinks or not?

I only do now & then because my parents buy IBC root beer, the glass bottles. I can't resist having one from time to time for some reason soft-drinks taste so much better out of cold glass bottles.

2. Does Bud-Light Lime count? It's like beer-soda:D

3. I quit about a month ago. never felt better.

4. I drink soda less than once a month (maybe a couple times a year) and its usually the natural/organic kind without the corn syrup and other crap added.

Hot Lips soda is the best.

5. I used to drink two or more a day. Now I allow myself one or two a week. When I first quit, I lost over ten pounds fairly quickly without exercising or really eating better.

6. personally, i drink tea and coffee

7. I used to drink a lot. Now I may have a Coke from time to time or whatever. I would much rather have green tea or orange juice though.

8. #8 crazycraka, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    Never really got into it. Theres some people that need to have there beverages taste good in order to drink it. I think those people are spoiled. I always just drink water, because its free and I don't have to go out of my way to get it. I basically drink soda when its around sometimes. Or if someone buys me one, or w/e. But I hate the idea of constantly having a coating of sugar over my teeth. Like after you eat something and you need to kinda wash out your mouth a bit, you take a swig of soda and rinse in your mouth a bit and then you have that great glucose coating. I dunno if that makes sense but yeah, I'll drink anything if its offered to me.

9. When I was younger, I'd have two a day sometimes. Now, I only drink sugary drinks with my Rum, which I rarely indulge in. In fact, I've mostly cut all refined sugars out of my diet, which I'm EXTREMELY proud of. It wasn't easy.

If you're looking to quit drinking soda (good choice), I highly suggest green tea. Not only is it straight up good for you, it'll convince you that you're full for a longer period of time. Want it sweeter? Buy Stevia. It is a NATURAL sweetener extracted from the stevia plant. It's sweet, and it has no glycemic index (that's a great thing). It comes in either packet or liquid form, which is what I prefer. I use it in my tea, oatmeal, whatever needs to be sweet and healthy.

10. Arizona Green Tea FTW!!!
    I have a coke with Mcdonalds or Burger King when I go there 2 or 3 times a year. Im not a big fan of processed fat fast foods

11. the only soft drink i drink is lo-carb monster. i usually have at least a can a day. shits delicious :hello:

12. I just can't drink them anymore, too sweet and too fizzy. I dig tea and juice. :p

13. when i was really young i would drink soft-drinks but now i cant STAND them! They are just way too fake and factory produced its like im drinking melted plastic with sugar

I just stick to tea, water, and natural juices

14. I'm a Mountain Dew addict. Once in a blue moon, maybe once a day, I'll have something else instead. Coffee, Vault, OJ. But a six pack of Mt. Dew a day is a slow day.

Yes, I know I'm killing myself. I'm trying to slow down :/

15. i used to be hooked on it and never imagined quitting, but did it cold turkey this summer

i only drink water, propel and sweet/green tea

16. No, and if I do it's diet. But still, they're terrible for your teeth and I'm pretty obsessive about having nice teeth, so I avoid sodas and just drink tea.

17. i drink diet pepsi. no sugar and tastes a hell of a lot better than regular IMO

i know its shitty to drink that stuff, but if im baked i can go through a 12 pack in 2 days

18. I used to be hooked on mt. dew BAD. I was drinking 6 or more cans a day. I even drove almost an hour away just to get the new Pitch black because it wasn't in any of the stores around here. I pretty much kicked the habit and drink mostly water, tea, and sports drinks every now and then. Still, a nice fountain drink with some flavor shot will do the trick now and then.

19. I used to drink TONS of soda. I was raised on it. When I was about 16 I gave up drinking soda for a month as a test. After the initial withdrawal from caffeine and all the sugar, I felt great so I kept it up. In the first year I lost something like 20 or 25 lbs just from cutting soda. Seeing that helped me get serious about doing somewhat healthy things.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've drank soda since (I'm now 21). Once when I toured the Sprecher brewery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, because who could pass up fresh root beer? It was off the line for an hour, just enough time for them to refrigerate the samples they were passing out. The next time was when a friend home brewed some ginger ale and root beer, and I had to try some to see how it was and give him some feedback.

20. Have to have one every day. I'm not complaining though. Just brush your teeth...