Do you consider online college to be "inferior?"

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Taylored, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Heard a radio about online college being equivalent to going to a university. What do you guys think about this? Personally, I think it is inferior.

2. Can't fuck college girl's while taking shot's and lines off another girls ass, on the "online college"

So yes, It's so inferior It woulden't even be worth attending.

3. Id say its way less inferior than most people think.

4. [​IMG]

5. Its all about how you apply yourself. College isn't going to teach you anything, you gotta teach yourself. Inferior in terms of amount of information you can learn, no. Inferior in a way that the degree might mean less to a employer because its from a online college, possibly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Would you let a surgeon perform surgery on you if he told you that he got his medical degree online?

7. whats the difference if they still know the exact same information?

8. #8 Tomason, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011

I cant be wrong because you dont know what I think most people think of an online college. :)

^There shouldnt be a difference, but would you say the same if you were about to employ someone? You dont have to post about just think about it. You know you wouldnt treat them equal! :D

9. The benefit of a real school in many cases would be the opportunity to learn from a community of intelligent people and to get some hands on experience. You couldn't become a surgeon just by going to online college anyway.

10. Well, depending on where you get the degree no. I'm taking classes online right now, but I'm taking the classes from a four year university (a UMASS school). Usually the classes you take online are ones you do not need to be in a class for. In some ways it shows more discipline because, everything is dependent on you. For people who work, or in my case had family emergencies and had to withdraw it is a good alternative to having to commute

11. [quote name='"TheRedPill"']Would you let a surgeon perform surgery on you if he told you that he got his medical degree online?[/quote]

Lol, you can't get a medical degree online. So that comparison is pretty illogical.
    Here are some classes I am taking
    Intro to music, intro to philosophy, intro to ethics, intro to american politics, and intro to womens studies.
    All of which, are held through disscussion boards,essays,tests, and group projects.
    The degrees you can get online are limited. I am planning to transfer next semested and be a metriculated student. The university considers these classes the same as any other ones I could have gotten credit for.

12. [quote name='"MobiusStrip"']

The benefit of a real school in many cases would be the opportunity to learn from a community of intelligent people and to get some hands on experience. You couldn't become a surgeon just by going to online college anyway.[/quote]

Online, you usually hold disscussions with the professors and other students. So you are still a part of a community. They have forums, and threads as opposed to a class disscussion.

13. I actually didn't know that, it sounds pretty cool. Of course, you're not going to an "online college," exactly, but a real college that offers classes online, right?

14. Do you cheat on all your exams since it's online? :D

15. Find me ONE online class that does that. Normally, from what I have seen the classes offered online are easy credits that are also just basic requirements.

16. harder to cheat in real college

17. My school has mixed classes, I can take a class online or lecture, I never take online classes because discussions count and it's always busy work; 4 discussion a week compared to (essays basically with a follow up forum) lecture is simply that with maybe some labs and high weighted test.

18. depends pm the degree.
    Business, sure
    Chemistry? no way. Any of the sciences will require lab time that cannot be duplicated in an online environment. Not with any kind of value, anyway.

19. you can't just get a degree to be a surgeon online.. you need to practice under other surgeons and intern in a hospital etc..

that's stuff that can't be done online..

i'd ire an accountant or something like that with an online degree.. or even no degree if i thought they were smart enough and experienced enough.

20. Online school is easier, period, end of story. Anyone who has taken both types of classes knows it to be true. It's just easier when you can do things on your own schedule, Google every single thing, etc. etc.

So, no, I will probably never believe a degree from an online school is equivalent.

However, they are becoming much more widely accepted and that's what counts. If I end up going back to school it will probably be online for that reason. ;)