Do you brush your teeth everyday?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tinklepee, Feb 18, 2011.

1. i brush twice a day, but sometimes just in the morning. i just like the feeling of cleanliness

2. We shower and brush so often out of insecurity. We do, after all, have to look as good as possible for our little social groups...aka "friends."
    But seriously though, not showering and brushing for a week is nothing at all.
    It seems kind of silly to consume so much resources for the sake of hygiene. Just to look polished.
    I know people who brush everyday and still have shitty breath. Bad breath goes farther than just the mouth.

3. I don't brush everyday... when I was younger I would go weeks without brushing. I would chew gum all day tho. I brush my teeth prob 5 days out of the week now, but I've never had a cavity. But showering I do everyday unless I'm somewhere I can't shower.

4. this :smoke:

5. I barely brush my teeth anymore. I used to growing up, after every meal, flossing, the works. I ended up with like 4 cavities. So I cut back and have been problem free since then. I brush them like 2-3 times a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. I smoke ciagarettes and drink a ton of sweet tea and soda, eat junk food left and right, and my breath doesn't stink. I haven't had a single new cavity since.

6. i've never had a cavity in my life. ;)

7. I used to get cavities when I was little. I can't remember my last one, though :smoke:

8. To each their own when it comes to living the "au natural" organic lifestyle, but I don't understand your concerns over the small dab of toothpaste and "chemicals" in your body which you can easily address withToms natural toothpaste (sold in WalMart).

And aren't the "chemical" concerns a bit of a moot point these dayswhen you consider the tap water you drink and the air you breathe aren't exactly chemical-free anymore?

Again, to each their own. If you're happy and healthy, then it's all good. :cool:

9. No, Every 5 out of 7 days. On the days I work I brush my teeth, I dont want to insult coworkers with my breath. Im single right now so on my days off I dont do fuck all apart from sit around and blaze, and no I dont brush on those days.

10. Yes, I do believe the statistic is true. However, I have a feeling that the statistic also takes into account the type of person who flosses every day too. Generally that type of mentality is going to carry over into other aspects of longevity, to include not smoking, exercising, and eating healthy.

But, the simple fact that your mouth harbors more bacteria than any other place on your body, it wouldn't surprise me of the longevity statistic related to dental hygiene alone.

Given the fact I just stated, it makes me wonder how the voting would go if the poll read "do you wash your ass every day"... :D

11. #51 Virtue 7, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    I guess I should have put "IMO" after that.. I'm usually pretty good at that,

I just see it as a lot of different chemicals in something I don't need to do. With all the chemicals in the things I DO need to do (such as drinking water) I don't see a point in increasing it when I can totally just side step that.

I'm not "au natural" lol.. the tooth paste is just a big one, for me. I use regular shampoo and all that (well, every other day too).

I guess, IMO, I just rather reduce and minimize my chemical intake. :smoke:

(edited to make better sense, I'm high though so I don't know lol)

12. Absolutely makes sense... +rep 'cause you were high when you typed it. :D

Cheers.

13. Cheers buddy! :D

14. twice a day man, i feel nasty if i dont

15. I brush my teeth twice a day. I wouldn't be able to sleep if i didn't.

16. brush teeth 2-3 times a day (sometimes before a sesh just because i can taste little intricacies in teh greenery), and i scrape my tongue 2 times a day. a lot of the bad breath is on the tongue, ive practically eliminated morning breath in about a 2 weeks. they sell tongue scrapers at target, if interested.

17. #57 ixBeachbumxi, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011

back when we were ape shit for rain sped monkeys the chicks knew the fattest and smelliest guy of em all was the one who could provide.

its all basic instincts from back in the caveman days. also why girls like dicks, they're alpha, they can protect her.

and also, i brush my teeth 3 or so times a day and i floss nightly. tongue scrapers ftw to the dude who posted above me. they fsu.

18. Glad I don't

I brush every 2 days,and scrape plaque off with my fingers when needed.Nothing gets stuck:p.I do use Listerine often because I love the burning feeling.:hello:

19. PS - I put a capfull of H2O2 in my mouth every few days for like 10 minutes.

If you guys are worried about toothpaste chemicals, make you're own paste out of H2O2 and baking soda. Add a lil flavoring if you need it..