Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you break apart buds with your hands or use a grinder?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Crimsonmonie, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Personally I have been trying a little bit of both. Lots of people have been telling me that when you grind up bud, you lose a lot of the tri-chromes. I am poor and use a card grinder and I can definitely see a build up of stickiness on it. So I tried pulling apart the bud with my hands last night before putting it in my bowl. A lot more crystals stayed on the bud, but I got some on my fingers. :cool: Sadly, I couldn't vape it as efficiently, because my bud needs to be in smaller pieces. :p

What is your preference? :rolleyes:

2. I like the way grinded up bud burns and kief is always good, but ripping apart a sticky bud by hand is fucking awesome.

3. There are multiple threads on this, but personally I break it up with my hands just because I don't have a grinder and have a low enough tolerance that it doesn't really matter to me, you should be saving a lot more crystals with the grinder if you have a kief catcher, though.

4. I want a grinder but I used a razor blade last night and just chopped it up and it worked well.

5. breaking up buds def retains more of the thri chromes, even more so if you have a grinder with a kief catcher cause all that kief that would be in the bowl is now in the grinder. i grind up buds for joints and blunts though.

6. Grinder dude ; burns more cleanly ... You lose more thc breaking it up by hand imo . On my grinder whatever thc I "lose" becomes keif

7. a good grinder is like 30-40$, they never brake, the bud burns waaaaaaay better. If you want it to burn slower, you just pack your stuff. Grinder wins.

8. when you use a grinder you 'lose' about 5% of thc (which mostly goes into the keif catcher and a little bit in all other places in your grinder). it is however almost impossible to tell the difference in that '95% pure' bud, and you also have a nice golden/green powder that you can sprinkle onto whatever you choose to get lifted

9. I use my hands because I don't have a grinder, can't you also use scissors?

10. Yeah dude. If you have really dank bud you can wait a few weeks and peel some hash kief and make scissor hash.

11. i chew it up like a mother bird would for their young.
    Then i regurge it into the paper.
    Works great cause the moisture holds the paper closed.

Feel free to try it out.

12. Ground up, more surface area=better burn.

13. Grinding my meds lets me collect my kief ^_^ I dont want to have it stuck on my fingers no more then i have to.

14. I am currently going by hand but would prefer a grinder.