Do You Believe This Is True?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by M32 Blazer, Feb 23, 2013.

1. #1 M32 Blazer, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    The debate continues... Do black people really have 'better' genetics than white guys?

I'm mixedrace but define myself as a black man and one of the most common things I hear ppl say to me in the gym particulary but also in other places is that "I'm lucky, it's written in my DNA to naturally build muscles larger than white guys and at an accelarated rate without the use of supplements etc."

Whereas whites have to take the longggg bumpy road to gaining a muscular physique and even when they finally get bulky the black guys always seem to look twice as big in half the time!

This is what a proffesional black sportsman (before he even started weight training) wrote in a article:

EDIT: For those interested heres the article:
    http://www.squidoo.com/black-genetics-myth-or-reality

To paint a clearer picture, I had always been an athlete. unfortunately, I never took it seriously but I was easily the best track and field athlete in my little school in England. With my relatively short stature, I was the best high jumper. I was also one of the best long jumpers. I could leave anyone for dead over 100m, 200m, 400m and 800m. I wasn't so good over longer distances. I also had impressive muscle definition - a set of rippling abs and well defined muscles even though I was not carrying a lot of mass. It seemed as though athleticism came naturally to me.

So do you believe it's true? I'm undecided

2. I've heard this ever since I started working out too. It has something to do with the way darker skin works with light to look more defined, the reason body builders spray tan before competition. Super white skin just reflects light back.

I phaking hate when people tell me it's not fair that I have black genes so I only have to work half as hard for the same results; I feel cheated and like none of my hard work is taken into consideration.

Maybe my 100% determination only quantifies 50% of theirs.

3. It is true.They do nothing and are so ripped.

4. I must have gotten cheated when God was handing out all the muscles to black people.

5. Well considering the preponderance of diseases that African Americans are genetically susceptible to, I'd say no.

6. Not tryina be racist but all my black friends had 8 packs while not even doing cardio sports while a significant portion of my white friends chunky dunked.

7. Applying my basic knowledge on biology and history. I say that natural selection favored the strongest ones in such a part of the world.

8. Yes...ON AVERAGE this is true.

There are definitely exceptions but generally speaking I think it's true

9. lol i love when people think they are being racist and say something completely not racist.

but i sure as hell bet that chunky dunk was pretty helpful in the european climate

10. Saying they have "better" genetics is very vague. Better for what?

Personally I think it's bullshit and all the white guys saying it are just pussies look for an excuse to why they've failed in their fitness goals.

I've even heard guys say it's because "we bred them to be big, strong and dumb during the slave days"

more bullshit

11. #11 M32 Blazer, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
    I agree White guys tend to use Black genetics as an excuse for their own half hearted laziness, however the fact we have better genetics for speed, athletics and mass building seems to be 100% true.

I've even heard guys say it's because "we bred them to be big, strong and dumb during the slave days"

^Actually true. Ya see bro, back when the Whites captured the slaves only the biggest and strongest of our ancestors survived the horrid 12-15 week boat voyage from Africa to the States with the weak and frail dying and getting tossed over board. And then slave owners began breeding the biggest, strongest surviving males with the biggest, strongest surviving females to make a super breed of blacks (So to speak) Not too sure about them making us dumb though :confused:

The genes of our ancestors got passed down from our great great grandparents to our great grandparents to our grandparents to our parents and now to us. The process happened in 3, 4 or 5 generations of black familys and thats why nowadays the average Black guy physically and athletically trumps the average white guy by some distance. and the NBA, NFL etc. is full of black athletes.

12. i don't think we can just say 'blacks' though. IMO there are a lot more races than people think. i think there are probably a handful of distinct races of africans, as well as europeans. and there are definitely several distinct races of asians

13. I don't believe this is true but I can see why it might appear to be so. It seems like for African Americans they either take sports and exercise seriously because they are athletically gifted or they don't really try to be fit by going to gyms and other fitness centers. There is less of the middle ground that mostly white people have where they aren't or havent been athletic or fit but are trying by joining gyms and working out. Its just the group of people at fitness places is biased.

14. If you're going to argue that black people are genetically superior from a physical standpoint you'll have to admit they are inferior from a mental standpoint. Your evidence is that blacks are more predominant in the NBA and NFL. Well then why are scientists and engineers primarily white, if not because we are more creative and intelligent?

I think you're cherry picking to make yourself feel superior, it's that simple. Certainly, blacks may be more common in the NFL and NBA, but if they're faster and stronger, why are they less common in gymnastics, speed skating, and swimming? What about all the other sports where black people are not winning?

Also you're statement: "however the fact we have better genetics for speed, athletics and mass building seems to be 100% true" is silly. Athletics? Which athletics and why? There are many more out there than the NFL and NBA. It's an incredibly poor generalization and I think anyone with any sense would admit that having more blacks in the NFL doesn't constitute 100% positive proof of its validity.

I also think the general "blacks" statement is stupid. I mean come on. You're honestly gonna try and make the blanket statement that dark-skinned people are better at everything athletic? That's embarrassing.

15. My thoughts are just that... it makes sense if they are. Their history from Africa to the States all required physical ability. Science.

16. You guys seem to be forgetting thousands of years of warfare that was a pre-requisite to white people coming to America. My own personal lineage traces back to Scottish Highlander clans that were famous for their brutality.

I can tell you why black kids are running faster and jumping higher. Because their parents want them to be the next michael jordan. White parents don't care as much about that. They want their kids to be doctors and lawyers. Sure they'd like johnnie to be the next Tebow, but they're pushing them more towards classical "success" careers. Doctor, lawyer, professor, scientist, engineer, IT professional. Anyway, I'm done with this thread. It's a joke, and should be in Pandora's Box not the Health and Fitness section.

17. No. it belongs in health and fitness you joker

18. Honestly, I knew black people who ate the worst food ever and had the lowest BF% possible in high school. They were athletic as fuck to, and they never worked out. One of my friends was the most jacked in the gym class, and he never worked out and he ate Burger King every single day lmao.

19. i think there was a book written about .. Kenyans maybe.. and about how they are born to be tremendous distance runners..

if you watch Worlds Strongest Man competitions on espn sometimes, it seems like most of those guys are northern european/norse.

20. #20 amdnivram, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    not sure if anyone mentioned this but cant it just be explained by selective breeding before we had "equal rights". Slavery in general could account for the changes in a group as they forcibly migrate from their homeland to wherever they may be taken. Can't see how that doesnt help their general gene pool when your looking for the strongest and most durable/able. Comparing African-americans to Africans like someone from Kenyan decent their physique in general is quite distinct along with their fitness recovery rates. once i find it i'll post up the article that explains the differences a bit clearer.