Do you believe suicide is selfish and cowardly?

Discussion in 'General' started by ShaniaKLz, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Depends on the person. I guarantee you most people that committed suicide by hanging themselves tried backing out after they decided to go through with it.

Suicide can be honorable or dishonorable by how you do it, in my opinion.

-If you're sad with your life, and you stab yourself to death - you were either too crazy to be living on the same planet as me or you were brave enough to do it and not back down and deserved it in honor.

2. I do think it is selfish because you aren't thinking of how it will effect everyone around you. I do however also believe everyone has the choice to end their own life if they see fit. Does this mean I support suicide and endorse it...no. People are however free to do as they wish.

So pretty much I think it's a cop out and pretty selfish but everyone has the right to do what they want with their life. Cowardly no because it would take a lot to do something like that but is it brave in any sense not at all.

3. those who dont understand, just dont understand. for some it is different.

4. It's not selfish or cowardly, if you don't believe that your life is valuable enough to keep, then the people who do value your life are stupid.

5. kind of off topic but i never really understood how anyone could call someone else selfish. I mean isnt calling someone selfish kind of selfish itself? basically you are saying dont do something for your self because of how it effects me and thats pretty selfish

6. #166 J_Dawg, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    How is taking your life cowardly? It must take some fucking balls to slit your own throat or put a bullet in between your very own eyes.

7. I believe it's situational. If your girlfriend (or boyfriend) dumped you, or daddy won't buy you a car so you decide to end it...Yeah, that's pretty stupid, selfish and cowardly.

If you are in the end stages of cancer and just want the suffering to end...No, I don't believe that is selfish or cowardly at all.

8. I think it is selfish and cowardly to do so. However, if you do so, I would make my best effort to not try and label you as either.

9. #169 livelaughlearn, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
    I never understood how suicide was selfish. Its your body. If someone cried over u smoking pot begging u to stop claiming u were being selfish id tell em to fuck off.

Cowardly? No actually i think its kind of brave. You are willing to take a life. Not only that, the life is your own.

I do think people that die by suicide choose being weak, in the western world at least. If everything is against you and u commit suicide, i feel like that person just gave up instead of havin the willpower to overcome all their pains. They let the system, the jerkoffs, assholes, whatever situation they are in..win. I thought about suicide so many times when i was growing up. But when i realized if i did, id let all the fucking assholes who picked on me win and that pissed me off. So much so i refused to do it even though i was so depressed. People who have to go thru shit like that need to realize that yes suicide is a route but there is another; To go from being nothing to proving everyone that they were wrong. That you were worth something. And you have the opportunity that a kid who has everything served on a silver platter will never have; the opportunity to overcome your hardships and The ones that made u think about suicide. U dont need anyone to believe in you, As long as you believe in yourself. Right now almost everyone i know has called me things from drug adict to a useless person to being a stupid loser just for following my heart. But it doesnt phase me anymore. My will has become so strong due to the depression i overcame when i was a kid. It will always be a part my life.

And the poster above who said if u never had sucidal thoughts, u dont understand. I agree. Believe me i used to think my life was worthless.

10. When I was at the brink of getting divorced from my wife, I seriously contemplated on suicide.

And...

It's a very dark thought. Thinking of suicide.

But I wasn't thinking, should I do it, should I not?

Nor was I thinking about how I was going to do it... like, am I going to jump off the building... or am I going to shoot myself...

All I could think of was...

Should I take them with me?

Fuck...

Those were some extremely fucked up thoughts.

11. I find it hilarious that so many people in this topic believe that everyone has someone/people that love and care about them. Some people in this world have absolutely nothing.