Do you believe in the concept of a soul? If so, how do you define it?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Deleted member 940351, May 6, 2018.

1. #1 Deleted member 940351, May 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    I do believe there is a soul, and it can be defined by the neurotransmission that is constantly occuring in our brains, which are, as we know electric signals which are sent between neurons that stimulate each other. Now, seeing how many things in this Earth are recycled (water, carbon, oxygen with carbon dioxide just to name a few) indicates that the soul could be "recycled" too (from host to host).

In my opinion the soul could simply be electrical energy which incorporates into the Earth's electro-magnetical field and is then absorbed by another human being at birth after a previous one dies. This would explain why ghosts are measured by EMF meters, and possibly that they are simply souls who have identified too much with the ego of their previous host that they simply cannot detach to continue the cycle.

When it comes to what a soul is, for me, it's the essence of a human being, how he/she acts emotionally, their method of thought, their capacity to interect with other individuals, their intelligence and so on. Basically when you take away every sense of your ego, for example your ethnicity, name, family, sense of worth, physical appearance and so much more, everything that is related to your IDENTITY. Once you discard all that, what's left is "your" (it's not yours, but it belongs to the universe, it's just living inside of you for the time being) soul, your true essence. Also I believe the ego is so strong it can never be separated from the soul while you are alive.

What do you all think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Recently found story on Santilli Thunder Energies Corporation and this telescope allows them to see some kind invisible beings or energy in our atmosphere really crazy so who really knows. Screenshot_20180501-121459.jpg Alien-Main-639279(2).jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ya lost me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wow fascinating, I’ll definitely check this out, could you post the article link you read please?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Do you believe in the concept of a soul? What is it and how would you explain it’s existence, hypothetically speaking of course.

Would you disagree or agree with me? Just state your opinion man :)

6. #6 vd420, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah I believe in it I’m not super religious n I’m not sure how I came up with this idea prob a 5 min YouTube video that stuck with me.
    I believe that the soul is connected to a persons contious and it’s seperated from the physical body and it’s gods spirit inside of you and it tells you what good to do in life. We choose to do fucked up shit because of a need but the the contious always tells us what’s right.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. For those of you interested, while I was blazed I came up with the Theory of Conservation of Souls. If any of you want to hear it lmk. In a sense, it proves reincarnation with "science" (I put it in quotes because it dips a bit into religion)

- Cash Le Cash

9. Still pondering this one... i do feel that we have an eternal aspect that was never born and will never die....

You can experiencing it anytime by dropping or stepping back with awareness to observe the body and mind activity (thoughts, judgements, time tripping from past to future, etc.)... The body, mind is NOT our True Identity imo yet we identify with the concepts formed by outside influences, experiences and conditions... Largely in infancy but for sure by age 3 and more so by age 7.

At some point we merge back into The One, The Field, Force, whatever you want to call it... many names for the nameless...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Energetic Blueprint of your physicality.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ghosts, of which there are many, imo, are still tied to the soul ID and we have all been there is one believes in reincarnation or "lost souls" still clinging to the physical plane.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I went into my soul when I took Ayahuasca. It was timeless..meaning in was permanently in the present moment.. it was always there without being born..

When your in it you know that you're the creator.. and you also have perfect peace.. it IS your real mind..

It has all the memories of your past lives.. and is directly related to the akashic record player..which includes every memory in existence.. all the past is encoded in it..

• Like Like x 3
  13. I like your description. If it is anything, it's energy and energy is never completely destroyed. It only turns into something else. I personally feel that it is dispersed to the universe becoming literally one with everything.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. #15 Deleted member 940351, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
    Wow, amazing description. There’s just something other-worldy about psychedelics we have yet not discovered. I have yet to experience proper ego death on them (I don’t think it’s possible IMO, but so many say it happens) but I have experienced a near-like telepathy with my friends several times.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I might of been born with a soul but it died over the years. Society works against religion in my opinion. We live under the pressures of mans law changing who we are to try to keep up and survive .

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Religion works against Spirituality and Harmony with Nature including fellow man if not in the same tribe. It also works against society attempting to divide and conquer... at least evangelical "Christianity"...

Nobody knows who the ARE but for the concepts and false assumptions they are programmed with by half baked understanding of religion and what is "normal" for a human being to achieve... even settle for.

"A great sleep fell over Adam" - (but there was no mention of his having awoken, we are in an illusion dream world, called Maya in India) Chasing the dream, looking for our Self in all the wrong places "out there" rather than In Here Now...

my 2 cents. (well maybe 5) lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. I used to adhere to that thought until...

One day as I pondered this, I wondered what if our energy is simply given back to the Earth as nutrients when we die. There is/goes our energy.

The soul is still an outstanding question though (and my simple thought on energy may be full of crap, but is worth a consideration).

:smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  18. :love-m3j: Just as good as any answer, really. Takes a lot to get out of the Earth's atmosphere. Given back to the Earth, given back to the universe, still recycled. I don't ponder much on stuff like this. Maybe we get to know for a split second, maybe we don't....

19. I think you live in regular body you can't do shit until you start dying and rotting all other stori