Do you believe in mystical afterlife?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Lerf, Dec 30, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeD8v8l56xg]Teen's Videos Go Viral After Death - YouTube[/ame]

2. wow thats really sad man... that kids happy now tho, taking the next trip on his spiritual journey :(

3. I've heard a lot about people dying and coming back and they never want to come back from that place.

Check out a book called Saved By The Light.It's about a guy who got struck by lightening and died,then came back and died again later on in life and came back.Interesting read.

I can say,I'm not afraid to die.The only thing that scares me is not making a mark in this world,before I die.

4. #4 SirBongwalski, Dec 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
    Perhaps I don't believe in a god. If anything idk really but I don't wanna die anytime soon cause I feel I need to do more in life before I die. Almost died in 5th grade drowned nearly I managed to get myself out but my body was so weak after. Sucks the kid died though tough world.

5. meh, i really could give a fuck less if I died tomorrow.

6. I think The Color Morale said it best "I am not afraid to die. I am terrified of life"

7. Already watched the video. Good kid. Died happy at least.

I like the he mention s kid Cudi and a glass table or some shit.

8. Yeah honestly if I die I die not much I can do.

9. God only takes the best. There's always a time when we would be taken. So live life to the fullest.

I don't know if I believe in god or angels.

I do believe in a higher being. I respect religion and I believe the people can bring themselves up from every mistake they make. Life is full of mistakes. But with mistakes comes experience and with experience is success.

10. Sad video...and I really do feel for the family. What a shitty way to lose a child...especially on Christmas.

But no... I do however believe in the brain releasing a certain chemical upon death that could trick humans into thinking that this "mystical" afterlife exists

You don't have to be dying to experience this... ;)

11. the afterlife is a warming thought for cowards who do not want to face life.

12. Nope I don't believe in a afterlife.

13. Probably a dmt trip because his body was so sure it was going to die.

...makes you think

14. I believe. Always have. Always will.

15. If you ask me I honestly think that the people that died and came back to life were just dreaming. I see it as when you die you'll dream but it will fade away until everything becomes nothing. People that came back were dreaming their image of an afterlife so they can accept death.

16. Thats what I was thinking especially when he mentions kid cudi.

17. #18 Vieyra Sking, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
    When I listneed to Terrence McKenna a lot, it made me beleive that the concious is seperated from the physical body, so when you die, your conciousness leaves it bounds of the physical body and then moves back into the big mass of conciousness.

The physical realm limits what each conciousness can do, for example, a conciousness born into a mentally-retarded child is limited, so only small amount of conciousness are there.

But I don't really belive it yet, even though I don't believe it, it seems to sort of calm me, or de-stress me or something.
    It makes dying seem a lot easier, it makes me wonder if other people believe in religion simply to make death so much easier, or to make living easier to accept the bad things, or to move blame and stuff on god.
    Kind of like "well, everything happens for a reason" helps people go through bad things.
    Y'know? I guess I'm kind of saying religion is a coping strategy.
    (no offense, some religons are amazing, I know of religions that have saved my friends on the verge of suicide's lifes.)

I hope someone understands my post, or anyone just reads it, I feel so lonely tonight :(

edit: I also didn't vote on the poll, there's no "sort-of" option :p
    Or yeah/nah option :p Because I believe in the above sometimes, it really helps.

18. this many people believe in an afterlife?

19. I believe in reincarnation, so I believe in many lives afterlife.