Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BluntCruisin, May 24, 2010.

1. I believe in God.
    I believe in Christianity as I believe the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else.

2. "There are 6 billion+ people in the world and plenty more that have already died, and there are so many different religions in the world, how can they all have so many believers? Hardcore Christians, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, whatever the religion they all seem to think their way is the only way. The religion that was pounded into my head as a kid was Christianity but as a kid and still to this day I couldn't find the difference between the stories in the Bible and the rest of the books sold in stores. Both are filled with supernatural events, the only difference being the Bible has religious importance. Why? Because the person/"people" that wrote it said so. The only thing that can be proven about the Bible is that it was written during a time where water was sometimes unsafe to drink so a lot of people drank wine, so I understand how the stories were filled with such crazy stories. That isn't enough for me, so I kept thinking it over and my theory is God is what you make it. God isn't a fat guy who sits indian style that people worship in temples, God isn't someone who sent his only son to earth to die for our sins, God didn't write the Qu'ran or the Bible. God is what you make it and whatever your belief is, it shouldn't center around the idea of a God, it should be based on morality and being good to the people around you, no matter the name of the being you pray to."-Blazin_Buddah

One of the better religon posts here

3. This is good reasoning but, have you ever thought about all the time it has supposedly taken for all of nature to work together so well?

4. i believe in reincarnation and a plane of existence between death and reincarnation, a sort of astral paradise where we review our past lives and learn what we must do in the next

i believe in a god but not in the way that most people think of god

5. I am a non-believer but I do believe that there may be some greater power out there watching over all of us

6. I can't really say I'm a firm believer, but I will not say for sure that there isn't a being or beings that are superior to us. I've always had a hard time believing in the supernatural; I need proof (not just a book that says so, physical proof, and no, life itself is not that proof). I was always questioning religious things that my parents believed in, even before I was 10 years old. I thought God was something that lived in outer space, what else could he be?

I don't know, there may be something out there, but we just don't know for sure.

The thing that always gets me though, is that you can explain evolution and the Big Bang theory to Christians and other theists, and they tell you how outlandish it is and how it is silly to believe in it, yet they believe that a supreme being snapped his fingers and created the entire universe, all the billions of light years of it, for the sole benefit of mankind. Both beliefs take some faith to believe in, but I say Christianity takes WAY more faith than evolution.

7. Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

8. What can I say... me and my primo have some faith in these guys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I was born catholic too.. but went into a catholic highschool believing in god, and came out an athiest.

10. #30 moose420, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
    Nope, i was raised a catholic did the whole communion and confirmation thing but never really paid attention to anything they were telling me (i have a really hard time focusing on something that doesn't interest me and religion class or church never interested me in the least bit haha). So needless to say i never knew much about the religion itself or the bible but i kinda just accepted that there was a god because that is what i had been told from the time i was young.

Then i went to college and that was the end of my belief in god when i actually had to learn and pay attention to what religions were about and how they were founded. I used to sit in class trying so hard not to laugh when we had class discussions about religion and god and i couldn't believe i had just accepted it all along growing up.

Plus the more i learn about science and evolution and how the earth was created it just solidifies more and more for me that theres not some god that created the earth and stuck us humans here.

11. I just don't see any evidence to support the theory of a god. I've looked at Hubble photos, I've read screeds of research on our planet and the universe we live in and I've traveled all around this world talking to people and I haven't seen a single piece of evidence to support the theory of a god or any sort of higher power at all.

Everything I've seen can be easily and logically explained with physics, chemistry and biology. Why would I believe in something that just isn't real?

12. Nope,Just a fairy tale,nothing more. :smoke:

13. Nope.

I asked god for a bike. Didnt get one and realized thats not how he works. Sooo, I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

jus playin, but fuck god

14. Hell fucking no! I grew up as a christian because my parents forced me to go to church and a fucking goddamn shitty christian school all my life, i fucking hate damn fucking christians for this reason, they don't allow you to think what you want to fucking think, it's pretty much brain wash. Fucking asshole christians.

15. #35 Zealie, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
    I do believe in God but I don't necesarily believe in religion. I was raised Catholic and spent some time in other Christian denominations as a teen/adult.

The past few years I haven't thought at all about God. But then this year my son almost died due to illness and he and I both started to question and feel God. I fell quite quickly for a Jewish man earlier this year (we're not together anymore) but that led me to look at the Jewish faith. So I've been on this spiritual journey and I've been reading lots of Jewish theology.

I have learned about myself that I will never believe in hell and I will never be a Christian. I frequently have a question of faith and the Jewish faith helps you through it, sees it as normal- whereas in Christianity they will demonize you if you are doubting the existence of God. I want to give my children somewhere and someone more knowledgable than myself to go to and ask questions about God that they are already asking..
    :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

16. #36 Senior PoopiePants, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    I believe that there is only an "Architect". I guess I would call that god. But it doesn't judge, get angry, have an ego, and doesn't send anything to "Hell".

No, my god would just be the form of energy that created the configuration that this Universe follows (physics, etc.).

Anything else that claims itself to be "God", in my opinion is full of shit. And there's a lot of that going around.

How could people really be so blind as to believe in a text-book god, and not see that other religions have their own god or gods - each using the same scare tactics to get the person to believe? And it's always through fear. Nice set up.

It's simply mindboggling. If there were one right religion, we would all know, right?

God and Religion are two different things.

17. In the traditional sense, no.

In the broadest view of all their is as it relates to science and the possibilty of other dimensional entities that may or may not be guiding our consciousness than yes.

The whole of the universe is contained within everyone's brains. If you smoke DMT you experience entity contact which I believe are "angels" to a degree.

18. My take is: We don't know.

I was raised from a Catholic to a Christian church, but this all changed once I truly noticed that Plants, and other animals(other than ourselves) are truly ALIVE.
    I see the universe as an experience in which we're all a part of. So, I rejoice with the seasons, and the planets, stars etc. I basically worship creation, rather than a creaTOR.
    The Wiccan faith appealed the most to me, so that's what I denominate myself as.:smoke:

19. Straight up, no. Not as of right now at least, maybe someday that will change, but as of right now I don't believe in god.

20. As a child raised Catholic, I was told to believe in numerous phenomenons. But after the years have gone by I started to see the world for what it really is. :(