Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Monoxide Child, Feb 17, 2004.

?

Do you believe in God?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. There is this new science, called Zero Point Physics.

It has identified an energy that all other energy and therefore matter is created from.

It appears to be the energy that is the stuff of creation.

If you want to call that God... Then I guess I do.

I don't believe in religions or rules. I don't believe in right or wrong.

I do believe that we have the power of creation. The ability to form that Zero Point Energy with our thoughts and intentions. We also have the power of choice.

So if you want to call us all Gods... Then I guess I do.

Kat

2. I don't believe in religions or rules. I don't believe in right or wrong.

Kat [/B][/QUOTE]

So if someone breaks into your home, rapes you and kills your family and pets that's not wrong???? Strange

Do you really think you're ready for anarchy because you better think what that means.No rules means if you have something I want there are no rules preventing me from taking it from you.I could take anything including your life and that would be OK because there's no rules and no right or wrong.It would be survival of the fittest and meanest and I wonder who (other than maniacs like me)would want to live in your world.Somehow I doubt you would like it very much, do you want to live in a dog eat dog world????

3. You know it is always difficult to believe something different than other people. There is always this place where others try to convince me that my belief system won't work or is airy fairy or just plain ridiculous. (That is what someone else said to me on another forum yesterday. LOL)

And there is no way to defend my beliefs so I choose not to do that. I will try to explain a little bit though. Mostly cuz I feel like it this afternoon.

There is one place where all religion, all diciplines, all magicks and some sciences meet and agree. We get what we think about.

I find that in my own life, that is true about 95% of the time. The other 5% I doubt there is anything to do about it so I don't worry about it.

I get what I think about. So if I was in a world where there were no rules and I believed I was at risk of the dog eat dog crowd, then I would get what I think about.

Maybe you can't agree with that, and that is ok. I spent many years of my life looking for proof of this stuff before I could agree with it.

Ever notice how most of the time, when you think of someone you haven't seen in a long time, they usually show up within a few weeks? That is the thought that got me started.

As for the death part. It is funny cuz I can remember arguing this very point, your point, about 10 years ago in a creative writing class I was taking.

I have come to the conclusion that what awaits me when I experience death, is a wonderful place and a wonderful journey. I do not fear death. It happens to everyone and if my spirits choice is to leave sooner rather than later, then I am ready. And joyfully accept it.

I believe that death is the choice of the spirit. I also believe that no other spirit can create in my world without my spirits agreement.

From here I would have to go into the whole, reality is the illusion and time does not really exist to explain any further, so I will just leave it there.

The truth is, if we were all selfish enough to connect to who we really are, we wouldn't need rules nor any right or wrong. We would all be too busy enjoying the thrill of creating something to even consider doing harm.

A very old swedish art dealer I knew, until he passed, whose wisdom was always transformational for me, once told me something tha profoundly touched me. He was one of them philosophical stoners too. LOL

He said, 'If I want to see the world change, then I have to BE the change I want to see.'

So if I want a world where it is safe for everyone, without rules, then I have to live that. I may inspire others to be the same. It may grow to be more and more. One never knows unless one becomes it.

So I stand by my beliefs that I get what I think about.

Kat

4. I thought I was pretentious,we are not gods nor will we ever be gods.
    The theory is nice (basically lead by example) but the world also contains people like me who choose to believe we have it sorted and don't need anything other than a willingness to take it to the max.I don't expect anyone would be foolish enough to try to live by my example as I constantly choose danger over safety.

PS Where's the porche I've been thinking about??
    Flaw in the theory???

5. To each there own.

I am not attached to anyone believing as I do. Not quite sure why it matters to you so much what I believe. Guess that doesn't matter much to me either.

PS my porche was to travel more and I have that, so no, no flaws in my theory. Not for me anyway.

6. You want to stop contradicting yourself.
    You say that it doesn't matter if no-one believes what you think or do is right but you also state that you have an idea that you can influence by example??
    I already made it clear that I have no belief in anything other than the nature of the beast.
    I don't hold with any of the beliefs that others choose,nor does it really matter to me if you are christian, jew,sikh or other I take each person on their own merit.
    I don't judge on anything other than honesty and integrity,I was answering a yes or no question about god, the answer remains no.

7. Just for the record, I think that I put yes earlier on in this thread, since then I've done alot of thinking as well as a little experiencing which has changed my belief to no, there's no god, although I do believe in positive and negative energy throughout the universe.

8. i dont beleive that just one person could possibly create or mantain this. im more of one of those ancient roman type believers. like theres a god for everthing. so maybe yea i guess i kindof believe in god in a way

9. wow this is a great thread duyde lol

ok i guess i would be agnostic

(no offense) but i believe that gods, god in perticular was created simply to give people something to believe in in this world. something for them to hope for, look forward to. ....something for them to live by. as not to cause havoc and "moral corruption"

i dont think/know wheter theres a god or gods. and quite frankly im not gonna sit around on my ass all my life pondering the damn question? does it really fucking matter?! to me it doesnt.

life is short all right, you should go out and live it as you wish. "by your own rules" and live each day as if it was your last.

i think you should go through life believing in YOU! and what you think is to be good and right ..be your own god.

"lifes short ..so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot"

and for me the one i got is me and ganja ..happy toking

ya and i believe in karma too i guess

10. If you are confused about the mashcat statement it is because my bf(mutant monkey) visits this site and forgot to log me out and himself in.
    I like to believe that God exsists but until I meet him in the flesh I will always have doubts.

11. OOps sorry mashcat.
    I'll try to remember to log in as me.

12. I am an atheist. I don't believe in any God or any superior force/being. I think we are here because there was a collision of masses and junk (ie Big Bang) and different atoms came together to start life. I think the idea of God was created to explain the unexplainable (such as: creation of man/earth). Not to offend anyone, but I think the idea of a single God is just as false as Zues and all that greek mythology. We teach mythology to kids in schools, telling them its fake. And then we ask them to say the pledge of allegance and to say our nation is "Under God".

13. I sort of believe in god. I believe that there is a higher system of order to the universe than we can possibly comprehend, but whatever it is is not conscious. It cannot impose it's will on us, because it is not any sort of sentient being such as the christian god, or allah. It simply is.

14. I believe in God.

But not like the Sinners in the Hand of an Angry God Jonathan Edwards, God. More like the deism God. He created, he sat back and watched the clock tick. Cept he comes in to lend a hand every once in awhile.

15. i believe that too.but, why couldn't it be a bit of both. something greater than us and science.

16. after thinking about it, i think no there is no god. ...no god

i mean just think about it do you think that god would just stand by and watch all his children suffer like we do. thosuands of kids starve to death everyday in this world. millions die every year of aids and other dieseaes. innocnet people are killed grocrey shopping cause soem crazy person who thinks "god" is on his side blew em to pieces in the name of god. theres so much bullshit and suffering in this world i refuse to believe there is a god. oh but hes got this divine plan right? and what happens is millions of people die all the time right? and then a few get into his "vip room" or heaven and the rest burn in hell because they might have had to steal to support their family or fed their children ..ya thats about the best plan ive heard all day ..lol.

now im not religuous, have never been to church or anything so if i have a few things wrong such as why there is suffering in the world and all that please fill me in.

17. I study and practice withcraft. I find that my creator is a god/goddess. A dual force in our world, that is fully concious of our reality and all others. They created them. They are beyond understanding, yet we can speak to them right now if we wish. The link is within your self .. a direct connection to the gods.

Love,
    Sirene

18. i dunno if i believe or not, im thinkin about seein pastion of the christ to maybe spew me one way..

19. Recently the more and more I have thought about it...the less and less sense the idea of a God has made to me. I think it is impractical to believe in a God.

(I will not knock your beliefs or try to change you to my view...do not try to change me to yours!)
    "God did not create man, man created God." - some dude

So, no...I do not believe in God, or any supreme being. I do not consider myself an atheist...that is just a made up title.

20. im not really sure what this is called but i believe that thereis a God but i believe that the bible has been changed( King James Version) I have even debated this with my pastor at church he even told me himself that the bible was read and a group of people translated it into their own words.
    aka: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth (Genesis 1:1) This is in the version of the bible where it was in that other language.
    but if you lookat the NIV you will see that Genesis 1:1 is now IN the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth or something like that.
    I also believe that with the debate weather gays and lesbiens couples should be wed where "Christians" are saying that they are wrong and will be put in hell but the bible says not to judge. I see "sin"!