Do you believe in god?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by AddictingGirls, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Please post why you do or why you dont believe in god.
    Im curious on what you have to say.

2. There is more than one god. Which are you asking about or are you asking if we believe in a god?

3. My reason for choosing no: The idea of god that humans perceive is comforting and that is its only purpose. Creating fantasy answers for questions we cannot answer is a poor solution, but apparently one that people as a whole approve of. Just because we are afraid of what we does not justify fantasy beliefs. :D

4. Wrong forum.
    But yes i believe in 'god'.

5. Just read what I'm about to say and think about it carefully.

If i am wrong i'm wrong for a life time!
    If you are wrong your wrong for eternity!

6. ^ sounds like pascal's wager

any way yea i guess i do. im unsure but part of me believes in some higher being.

7. Good point, let me try. What if you happen to be wrong and spend your life devoted to something that wont happen - and what if you only get that one life. :confused:

8. Good thing science is in the process of applying real and logical answers to those questions. No, I don't believe in god, however, I don't judge based on ones belief. I think everyone is entitled to their own belief, if someone wants to believe in "god" then so be it, more power to you. What bothers me is that same flexibility is not shared by the monotheistic religions towards me, as its their way, or the highway. However, I realize thats a generalization, but in most cases this holds to be true. Believe what you please, but please extend the same respect to me in my choice to not believe. Smoke on GC :smoking::smoking::smoking:.

9. I don't devote my whole life to religion. so either way its a win win situation.

Martin Luther king once said. Salvation by faith alone.

Which basically means you don't have to go to church every Sunday and pray every night to be a good christian. If you believe you will be saved.

10. Heres my actual thought on god. If there were a god, he wouldn't be even 1% of what we think. The way people believe is just to feel better about the things they don't know.

I don't deny a god, I deny all of the gods people believe in. There might be one almighty power out there that has control over everything but just because people pray that doesn't mean he has to do jack shit. And the people who say everything is all part of his master plan, well I find that to be retarded.

If there is a god, I'm fairly sure everybody is wrong in so so many ways.
    I guess you could say I'm agnostic.

11. Thats fair enough i can appreciate that.

12. Either way we should all just be happy with what we have now. Afterlife or not we should appreciate and make the best of life that we do know about now, if for some people that involves believing in a higher power then I love them for it. As long as people are trying to make their life a happy and content one then I see no reason to disapprove really.

:)

13. Yes, but not the Judeo-Christian/Muslim god.

None of us know who or what God is. The best we can do is observe the world, treat people with respect and dignity, and protect this planet. That's how we get closer to God.

14. D'oh! :rolleyes:

15. i lost faith in my early teen years, but at the same time there is an energy at work in the universe.

16. i believe in a higher being

17. You die, you stop existing.
    Enjoy your lies.

18. And you know this 100% how?

Because it's impossible to know something you have yet to experience.

There's no lie in hope.

19. hope.
    hope is beautiful.