Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Big Poppa Puff, Nov 24, 2003.

1. i dont belive in god.. but i could careless what u guys believe in... why do people care what other people belive in???? i mean whats the big deal?.. like the other day i was sittin in class and this chick asked me if i belived in god and i said no...then she sat there and said im going to hell ... i mean wtf!?? ya know, people should be allowed to choose what they believe in w/out people tellling them their wrong or right..

2. noone will ever prove it either way so why bother even talking about??

thats atleast how ive always seen it. just a waste of time in my opinion. do i believe god exists? no. do i believe there is no god? no. do i believe in anything? maybe.

its hard to tell whats going on in this world alone, let alone whats happening outside of it!!

3. Nope. I tried when I was a little kid, but that was an attempt to fit in.

I don't really spend my time worrying about it. I think about where I'm going to go after it's all over, but I don't set myself in one belief. There's been so many religions, beliefs, and ideas during history, it'd be hard for me to choose. Besides, religion causes nothing but problems it seems. I will respect anyone's beliefs until they either A) preach or B) condemn me to hell.

4. in case no one's made this joke yet; holy cow!!!

lol, i was getting ready to come move this to spirituality/philosophy, but now that I've read it I don't want it anywhere near that forum :D

5. no I dont believe in any god or any afterlife. I figure I will either rot or be burned when I die. But hey I dont think i will know either way so my family should just do what is cheaper. Anyways I try to be nice to people just because I think nice people are cool and I think mean people suck so if there did turn out to be some kind of god who was watching me i guess he or she would let me into the good place if that sort of thing existed, but i really doubt it. Most of the kings in the middle ages stressed the importance of religion, used belief in the christian god as an excuse to controll the masses, committed just about every sin imaginable and enjoyed life while they were on earth because they knew that there was no god or heaven or hell but hey If you think different than me thats cool too; we all have a right to think how we want to and on this question the only way we find out who is right is to die so i am not in too much of a hurry to find out. PEACE

6. "When I get to the bottom, I go back to the top of the slide"...
    "Where I stop & I turn & I go for a ride"...
    "Til I get to the bottom & I see you agaaaaaaaaiiiinn"...
    "see you agaaaaiiiaaaiiinn"...
    "Now do you, don't you want me to make you"...
    "I'm comin down fast, but don't let me break you"...
    "Now, tell me, tell me, tell me, c'mon, tell me the answer"...
    "Well you may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer"...

7. God or no god, I love my car even though its nothing fancy and if some cow pissed on it I would pull out my sawed off blast its a$$ to sh*t

well not really I don't have a gun

I would probably go home and cry about it

...then i would wash my car and smoke a bowl cause that is how i deal with everything in this cruel cruel world

8. by the way...

the whole god thing man, in every experience i have had where i tell a christian i don't beleive in god they get angy about it... why? Religious people always want to fight over what they think they know and I hate fighting so that is why i am not religious.

9. I didn't start this thread to be a huge philisophical discussion, but I am glad its turned out that way. Its good to see that all us stoners are smart, intelligent people ho can discussimportant and metaphysical questions rather than fall into the same old pothead stereotype the neoconservatives in Washington DC make us out to be.

But the original gist of my thread was this: I saw a funny thing in a cow pissing out of truck and about the time I say Please god would that truck move up a little bit, it does move up to coat some poor kids car with cow piss. So it turned from a funny incident into one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life.

10. damn i wish i was there to see that!! oh well... maybe ill get to experience a religous epiphany some day too :p

anyways, i dont think anyone can be told what religion is, nor can they be taught what to believe. religion is found after a lifetime of experience, only then can one truly understand why they are here and what they are to do.

i have not yet come close to this point, so would still consider myself nonreligous, although i do hope to someday find a path to follow...

11. i think we believe what we believe because of our upbringing or experiences, and since this differs in every household then naturally we will all have different opinions...

i think that it is good to believe in something...something more powerful than ourselves, otherwise we would feel very small and alone in the universe...

12. I'll try this joke one more time...

[​IMG]
    *****HOLY COW!!!*****

13. TOO FUNNY!

As far as what I believe...it doesn't matter....what matters is how f*cking funny that had to have been to see. I would have died laughing with tears running down my face.

Thanks for the Poppa story, Poppa!!!!! :D

14. The 1 thing that always comes to mind when I hear this God/no God argument...
    Do you really think Adolph Hitler & Mother Teresa deserve the same fate after dying? Both have lived life totally opposite, but once dead, they're both just nowhere? What keeps everyone from doing whatever they want? Why not kill everyone that pisses you off? Why be a good person? I sure am glad most people don't think that way or we'd have mass pandemonium...
    Wait a minute, we DO have mass pandemonium! Rioting in the streets! Peeps killing each other...oh shit, the end is very near!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hippie:

15. Krazi, I got your joke the first time but was more concnerned that everyone had taken up the religous end of my story as opposed to the funny parts.

But on the bright side, I'm glad someone else got baptized by the Holy cow than me. Wonder what religion the holy cow is?

how about E-piss-copalian

16. How about tonguing a feline? Then they'd be cat-lick.
    Or a gynecologist performing a pap-smear? Of course, a pap-tist.
    How about somebody wanting a piece of gum in their mouth? They'd have a chew-wish........you do realize I'm winging these. You can probably tell, right?
    And last but not least, a picnic-pest on a picket line? Easy 1 -- a protest-ant.

17. i wanna be a movementarium... anyone seen that episode of the simpsons? hahah

18. i do think they are both nowhere. what is there to keep whatever it is you think will continue alive? if you are saying there is a "soul" how would it get energy? there is no logical way to explain anything after this current state we live in, and sadly, most humans rely VERY heavily on pure logic, although many people logic is faulty and not thought out.

and they did not recieve the same fate. hitler will always be remembered as a horror on earth and will be hated into eternity. mother teresa will always be a blessing to earth and will be loved for ever. why not kill someone who pisses you off? many people do, and they go to jail. and are hated by their peers. why be a good person, because if not you wont have any friends, and in turn will not have a good life. if there is nothing after life, i would think that would give me MORE reason to be good. I dont want to ruin my one and only chance at happiness. You only get 80 or so years to be happy, dont waste it.

and yes, mass pandemonium started centuries ago, and will never end. the average person is dumb. the average person thinks only of them selves. and it is the average person that will ruin our society.

19. Well no wonder you're so happy with only 80 yrs of life...you live in British Columbia, probably near Vansterdam. Who wouldn't be happy living there? Best weed in the world sold at stores? Shit, I'd be thrilled outta my mind...you're already in heaven!!

20. hahah vansterdam.

its 30 minute drive from me right now. i can see it from my roof.

never heard of weed sold in stores before though... except a few underground operations, none that ive experienced. but the cafes like Blunt Brothers are EXCELLENT places to chill and reef. hahah. its a cool place. you should make a trip if you get the chance.