do you believe in ghosts??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by chikkybabe, Aug 4, 2004.

1. A friend of mine recently lost her partner to an overdose of prescribed medications, and in the past few weeks she has noticed black flashes out of the corner of her eye; the scent of his deodorant wafting around the house; waking up suddenly in the night with a start because shes heard someone shouting in the house; and her daughter who is 3 is continuously commenting that daddy is over there mummy....

she thinks shes going crazy (he actually died in her bedroom), so i asked a friend of mine who gets into all that jazz what she thought, and she read me some passages from a book on crossing over that justifies everything shes seen...does anyone else have any thoughts on this or had any similar experiences??

cheers chikky

2. Yes..

My grandfather's wake was in my dad and moms house when I was a year old.. There was all kinds of strange things that happened in that house... I have cold bumps all over my body thinking about it..

We would here glass break like glass falling out of a all glass building and crashing to the ground.. It would last for up to 5 minutes.. never found that first piece of broken glass.

There would be explosions that would shake the windows in the house.. Never found anything that would have caused it...

I used to wake up in the middle of the night and see my granddad walk through my bed room door...

You have to remember that I never seen my granddad when I was big enough to remember him.. I could tell you exactly what he was wearing, hat, clothes and all..

He never said any thing.. He just walked through the door like he was passing through...

3. My mother in law always claimed her husband was in the house looking after everyone.

Not sure if l beleive or not but l have seen some strange things in my life so far ..:smoking:

p.s. Great to see ya round again my friend.

4. my mother says ever since my family moved into my house there has been a ghost or some force that has been trying to get me

a few days after one of my dogs, shido, died, i was looking out a window and saw a shadow that looked exactly like him then it disappeared

when my other dog, sandy, died i think she may of came back to wait for her sister,daphne to go. then daphne stopped eating and wasted away and had to be put down and sandy left

5. thanks guys,

ive never had any experiences myself but i DO believe that when you leave your body that you dont just dissappear....maybe hes hanging around until the birth of his baby (she is pregnant with his first child poor bugger) or hasnt accepted the fact that he is dead.....only god knows i spose...

6. I totally believe in spirits!!! I've read about the paranormal, and one thing most books say is, a lot of adults will try to disavow and pretend they don't exist (spirits), and that children are more open minded and will see them more often. My mother always said, I would talk about seeing spirits when I was younger, but it kinda freaked her out, lol

My grandfather passed when I was about 7. He always had IV's and medicine being pumped into him. It was very sad
    :(

My grandmother was crushed... later she said the same thing, there would be nobody home and she would see things out of the corners of her eyes, smell his cologne, and randomly a picture of them would fall off the wall... (she just felt his presence) she just knew he was there! (I think it was his way of saying he is still there for her!)

Interesting thing, a few years after, my grandmother met another man at her church. They fell in love and later got married ;D (they act as if they were kids again!) and soon after that... my grandfather left the house. I think he knew she would be safe, and he could now move on.

It's not a bad thing! not at all, it's a very beautiful thing :) I think your friends partner is sticking around for a reason ...sounds like it's to take care of his family!

7. I've had several experiences with the supernatural. My dad said when I was first born he got this really bad feeling deep down that there was something wrong in my room. He says when he went into my room it felt like the devil himself were sitting over my crib. This was when I first came home.

Ever since I could remember there's been times when I could literally feel an evil presence near me. It's such a distinct feeling... it's like... I can feel it in my bones. I've always been able to pick up on that kind of stuff...

Some of my experiences are:

When I was 14 and lived in West Virginia, we swore our house was haunted. We would always see this guy in jeans and a white t-shirt. My family swears up and down it's my late uncle (died from some bad heroin when I was 7). One night I was getting ready for bed at around, oooh, 'bout 3-4 in the morning. I get into my bed, and turn out the light (I had a lava lamp so it kind of illuminated the room a bit)... After a little bit of laying there, just thinking, I feel the corner of my bed sink down. I look over to see what's going on, and sure enough... There's the guy in the white t-shirt just chillin' on the corner of my bed. There's no way it could have been anyone in my family because they were all asleep for hours by then, and my door was locked... I was the only one who was in my room when I turned off the lights.

Or there's the time I got attacked in my room...

There was a period of time... about 3 months or so where I was constantly sensing really evil presences around me. I mean, stronger than I ever had before. They would always occur at the same time too. 3 AM. I would wake up every day at that exact time, and just know without a doubt that there was something else in the room with me.

There were times when the feeling would be so strong, and the sense of pure evil so powerful that I couldn't move... I was paralyzed with fear. Anywayz, this went on for a while until 1 night. I had woken up again at 3, but this time it was so intense. I could barely breath, it was that overwhelming.

I decided to get up and go get a drink... maybe whatever was in my room would be gone by the time I got back, right? Wrong. It followed me throughout my house (never happened before that). Then I went into the room and got in bed trying to just reassure myself that everything would be fine and get some sleep. It was hard to sleep because I could feel it watching me. I finally fell back asleep and went on my day as normal.

The next night it was back. I again woke up, but this time there was something different. This time there were two huge blue spots of light on my wall. I figured it was just some light shining in my window or something and went back to sleep. I woke up again at around 4, and they were still there. Hadn't budged an inch, and I couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching me. So I get up and put my hands over the lights from all angles to see where it was coming from... That's when I noticed it... No shadow was passing over the lights... the lights were coming from the wall. That freaked me out, but it wasn't the first time I'd seen them (they were on a different wall once before this night) so I didn't worry much about them and went to sleep.

Now, it's 6AM. I'm woken up again, and I'm just scared out of my mind. The spots are gone, but it feels like satan himself is sitting in my room staring me down. I roll over on my back after checking the wall for the spots when my entire bed sinks down around me. Imagine where you're laying on the bed sinking down about 3-5" and you can't see what's doing it. Then something that's right infront of my face said something to me that I was too scared to understand.

I've had other experiences of the like, but I think you get the picture. All this stuff has happened to me my whole life... I wonder why.

8. wow, thats some scary shit. i personally don't believe in ghosts, but i doubt that my mind couldn't be changed if i experienced something like that.

9. ...I used to believe in them ...nothing major ever really happened just the normal kid stuff, scared of the migit leprachaun in your closet. Somthing that always consoled me was that I KNEW that if ghosts were real then my grandfather (who passed away when I was 6) would look out for me. I knew he was a WW2 Veteran and always pictured him coming to my rescue M1 Garand in hand. But after I grew out of that I didn't beleive in them for a long time untill I was in probably the 8th grade and my best friend since preschool told me he and another guy I knew saw a civil war ghost, pulling a cannon. Now the other guy I can understand lying but not my best friend so although I haven't seen any I think they are out there.

10. Nope!!!!! I absolutely don't belive in ghosts. Neither do I belive we have a soul, an afterlife, reincarnation, god. Nothing. Call me boring...I'll take that.

But I guess if there's summin...at least I'll be the one who gets a pleasant surprise

11. YOU'RE BORING!!

I'm not much for the whole religion thing...but I dunno about the rest of it

12. Haha...my first laugh of the day!!! Bastard! lol

13. Ack... I forgot to put this in my post... I don't believe in ghosts...

I do believe in the supernatural though... I think those "people" who look just like (insert person's name here) are either angelic or demonic...

Just my beliefs though.

14. Alot of weird things have happened to me and ill like be sure theres ghosts but then a few days later ill be like nah it couldnt have been. My friends house is haunted tho and a bunch stuff happened to me. Its kinda hard to remember some of it tho cuz i was real fucked up most of the time im there. But i remember one time real good i was down in the basement all but myself trippin hard on DXM and i kept seein shit in the closet but when i looked there was nuttin there so i got pissed and got off the bed and walked over and shut the door all the way (which took alot of energy as its kinda difficult to move trippin hard on DXM) so i go back sit on the bed and look and that fuckin door was open again! just then my friend steph came down and i told her about it.

Then we were having a seance (sp?) the next night we were all really high that night and rollin on DXM and we were like recording our conversation about ghosts and shit. And i was talkin about the closet thing and when we replayed it both times i talked about closing the door you could here a door shut. There was someone crying too. Alot of weird shit happens at her house.

15. I totaly believe in Ghosts... I can't say I've had any personal experiance with them, but I think they're real... along with lots of other things... Hell I believe in Fairies, so why not ghosts?

16. You will probably all think I'm a big time skeptic, but based on my personal experience throughout my lifetime, I have found no reason to believe in ghosts, or really anything considered supernatural... I mean like NOTHING... here's a list of things I won't swallow whole... or even half of... or any fraction of for that matter :)

1. Ghosts (Never seen one or had any experience science/logic could not explain. Most peoples 'experiences' with ghost can be explained, the ones that cannot I assume are exaggerating/lying)

2. God (never seen or talked to him either.. and noone can ever offer up any more proof than what is written in a 2000 year old book that has been translated and altered numerous times)

3. Psychic powers (John Edwards and Lady Cleo are just really convincing con-artists IMO)

4. Horoscopes (Usually these are written so vaguely that some of it is bound to be true, but from my personal experience they are wrong more times than not)

5. Lochness/Bigfoot (While there is a slight possibility that a unique variation of a certain species could exist, I doubt there is anything quite like what people imagine Lochness and Bigfoot to be)

6. Aliens (IMO this is the most believable thing I mentioned. It is very possible given the size of the universe that conditions necessary for life could exist somewhere other than on Earth. I do not however believe that we have encountered extra-terrestrial life.

7. Karma (While it's a nice belief, I really don't think there is any supernatural force that regulates that people who treat others like shit are in return treated like shit. Although I do believe what goes around comes around. If you regularly are an asshole, others will figure it out and in return treat you like an asshole. So we kinda form our own karma in a way.

8. Well I'm sure I could keep listing stuff that I just don't buy, but I'm gonna stop here so others can give their viewpoints and flame me for being such a skeptic. ;)

17. Hey I just read through all the posts and noticed there IS one other sane person here (just kidding really hehe, you are all entitled to your opinions)

Mr. Skinner ty for being here, I am not alone LOL. I was starting to feel severly outnumbered by all you 'believers'

Really it's not that I have never believed in this stuff. I do remember scaring the shit out of myself a few times as a kid, but as soon as I wasn't in the dark anymore and thinking more logically I could always attribute these 'strange' encounters to things like wind/old pipes/old boards(creaking)/neighbors or other people moving about..

For me there is just ALWAYS a logical explanation, it really is boring, but alas I just don't have the ability to talk myself into believing such things... It's funny though cause I am almost sometimes envious of you people who do believe, life must be so much more interesting for you folks ;)

18. Eh...no problemo...glad to see a fellow non-beliver, too.

19. I believe in ghost only because I here people walking up and down stairs at night late after everyone has gone to bed. its like someone is in the room with me walking hard. 2 when I lived in utah for about a year I lived on an indian Burial ground in a place called ticaboo near Lake Powell. oh and once I closed my eyes and could hear voices whispering and then I woke up screaming but I attribute that to stress and drugs

20. There were times when the feeling would be so strong, and the sense of pure evil so powerful that I couldn't move... I was paralyzed with fear. Anywayz, this went on for a while until 1 night. I had woken up again at 3, but this time it was so intense. I could barely breath, it was that overwhelming.

yeh when i was very young i was lying in my bed one night and ever since i was a kid ive herd noises at my window even tough im on the 3rd floor of my house with no where to be outside the window, one night i herd a small noise at the window and when i looked up the window no lie burst open, i experienced ^^^^^ what cottens said almost exactly what i felt. the funny tinkg is my window had a latch on it, scared me good