Do you believe in Evolution?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by finale23, May 1, 2009.

1. Many of my friends who smoke don't believe in evolution at all. I wonder what people on the forum think.

2. Not marijuana news, but yes I do.

3. I have no doubt that those same people actually believe that a talking snake coerced a lady to eat an apple. :rolleyes:

4. You guys don't believe in god is because if god were to exist, he or she would have legalized marijuana? Is that why you believe in Evolution?

5. #5 lwien, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    I believe in God AND evolution. They are NOT mutually exclusive, ya know. One CAN believe in God without taking the Bible literally and there are millions who do.

And regarding God legalizing marijuana, WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?? (man, some of the stuff posted on this site is beyond amazing)

• Like Like x 2

6. Bible, Genesis 1:29. "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." (KJV)

Yes, god would want us to be happy and smoke up. The same applies to the invention of beer, god wants to get laid.

I don't know, a recent survey by one of the world's leading science institution indicates that there are less 50% of people in Americans who believe in evolution. So people who are telling you that they believe in both are probably telling to you.

7. He does? Did he tell you that in a wet dream? :rolleyes:

8. Well it's kinda been proven.:rolleyes:

9. 13-0 100% voted yes. The terrorists have won!

By the way, i was banned on the Conservative Forum for asking the question. Apparently they prefer abstinence when comes to science, pretty much like with sex ed and everything else. I love this country.

10. So let me get this straight. People who believe in evolution are terrorists?

Well, I guess if you believe that God wants to get laid and that God wants to legalize pot, and that a talking snake convinced some lady in a garden to eat an apple, than I guess that believing evolutionists are terrorists isn't that far fetched.

BTW, are you, by any chance, related to the guy who talked about the "Dancing Israeli's of 911" ? :D

11. Yes, I believe in facts. :D

12. Yes it has kinda been proven :)D) but some fundamentalists will go so far as to say that fossil records were put here by God to trick us! Ya know, to test our fait, or they were placed here by the devil to lead us astray. Fuck. These people believe that the world is thousand of years old not billions! At the creationist museum they show dinosaurs at the Garden of eden and next to Noah's arc. WTF?! That's why there were so many biblical references to noah's family running from the raptors. I believe in God, But also in evolution. I see no reason why they can't coexist. It all stems from the idea of taking the bible as literal rather than inspirational. Why could Genesis not be a metaphor for the big bang? Why does a day have to mean a literal day rather than a period? If a day were a billion years, well then Genesis comes kinda close to lining up. Ima stop ranting and raving now.

13. Yea, people like that are america hating terrorists. Do you know who else believe in evolution? Hitler did.

14. this shouldn't even be a debate. at least in the scientific community, evolution is accepted as fact. the only thing up for debate is natural selection as the vehicle for evolution.

15. No shit I believe in it considering its fucking proven.

Wrong section OP.

16. I'm the only one to put no?

I just put no because there is sooooooo much we do not know about our planet, race or space itself. Not because I'm an avid believer.

Just because you put no does not make you a super religious person.

17. I have over 60% of americans who will beg to disagree with you. Here's a survey done by National Geographic.

[​IMG]

18. #18 lwien, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    The last sentence in this study: "Fewer than half of American adults can provide a minimal definition of DNA, the authors add.", and THAT says it all and very much explains the chart above. We're a nation of uneducated idiots.

19. Unfortunately yes we are. Scary aint it?

20. you guys are silly. god clearly planted evidence to confuse scientists and seed out the nonbelievers... duh